Don't use GoFundMe

Sorry all, likely wrong topic but this should be seen by as many people as it can be. GoFundMe typically takes 8 or so percent away from the donations marchers recieve as operating costs plus another 3 percent to go to whomever handles the money (in GFM's case, WePay), and this site http://www.youcaring.com/, only takes the 3 percent to distribute money as well as offering PayPal as an option too. For anyone looking to fundraise, this is a far better idea than GoFundMe. I estimate ive lost 80 or 90 bucks to GoFundMe that could have been put towards fees.

• Like 3

The Cadets have their own sponsor a Cadet link where you can select an amount, member and the payment goes directly towards their tuition. GH may take s cut to paying the tarps from last season but other than that....

Just be glad it's so much easier now to collect cash. I think it's wonderful these funding opportunities are out there. Even as few as 7 years ago, kids still sent out snail mail letters to family and friends. The reach of the websites is so much greater.

Edited by luv4corps

Just be glad it's so much easier now to collect cash. I think it's wonderful these funding opportunities are out there. Even as much as 7 years ago, kids still sent out letters to family and friends. The reach of the websites is so much greater.

Heh, we still do that. I'm just providing a more economical opportunity that a lot of people do not know about.

He said don't tell him how to live his life.

That seems kinda important to him, if he's serious.

Or maybe he's bad at jokes.

:tounge2:

Don't tell me that my jokes are bad.