Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

I got to meet 3 of the Euphonium players. Really good people. One of them said they are learning smarter than last year even though they are a younger hornline.

I was also amazed at how quickly the whole cops picked up on visual ideas from the box during camp. Instructors said "ok try doing ----" and they just did it. There were no visual guys down on the field with clip boards like back in the 70's.

I think the whole concept is much easier to grasp this year as compared to last year. I had always followed Rota and Fellini but not everyone else did. This show is going to be very accessible to the crowd but I imagine there will still be a little bit of the BD esoterica to keep those of us who love it happy.

• Like 3

I got to meet 3 of the Euphonium players. Really good people. One of them said they are learning smarter than last year even though they are a younger hornline.

I was also amazed at how quickly the whole cops picked up on visual ideas from the box during camp. Instructors said "ok try doing ----" and they just did it. There were no visual guys down on the field with clip boards like back in the 70's.

I think the whole concept is much easier to grasp this year as compared to last year. I had always followed Rota and Fellini but not everyone else did. This show is going to be very accessible to the crowd but I imagine there will still be a little bit of the BD esoterica to keep those of us who love it happy.

Ha! BD esoterica. Glad they're staying in that general direction!

Disappointed the video is already down. Was gonna listen to it during lunch break. Oh well

Thanks for posting the vid! I must say, that portion of the horn book makes all the videos I've seen of the competition seem, well, silly. BD is on a different level, assuming they can keep it clean.

The BD video was good - horn line sounds awesome. Really looking forward to seeing the show. However, to say that they make what everyone has heard from the horn lines of Crown, Cavaliers, and especially Cadets seem "silly" I think is an extreme exaggeration (if not flat out incorrect). Edited by Quad Aces
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting the vid! I must say, that portion of the horn book makes all the videos I've seen of the competition seem, well, silly. BD is on a different level, assuming they can keep it clean.

Yep it was great but I certainly wouldn't place them on another level from what's been heard from Cadets or Crown. That's a bit of an exaggeration..Especially Cadets who've put a decent amount of vids out and all of it has been extremely impressive. Edited by Tobias

I always have alternative links :wink:

Send me a PM.

Yeah....thanks a lot for ruining it for so many of the alums.

The source of that vid said EVERY #**(*#*#%))*ING TIME he posted one to the original location that they were NOT TO BE SHARED, POSTED, OR DOWNLOADED. But thanks to YOU, it appears he will no longer be able to provide those vids.

What part of not posting them was so difficult to understand? YOU have now ruined it for everyone else.

Failure to follow simple instructions...good going, jackass. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Oh....and isn't saying you have alternative links for bootleg vids a violation of DCP's TOS????

Edited by 84BDsop
  • Like 1

Yeah....thanks a lot for ruining it for so many of the alums.

The source of that vid said EVERY #**(*#*#%))*ING TIME he posted one to the original location that they were NOT TO BE SHARED, POSTED, OR DOWNLOADED. But thanks to YOU, it appears he will no longer be able to provide those vids.

What part of not posting them was so difficult to understand? YOU have now ruined it for everyone else.

Failure to follow simple instructions...good going, jackass. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Oh....and isn't saying you have alternative links for bootleg vids a violation of DCP's TOS????

He was trying to provide a video so fans could see their (amazing) show this year and be excited. It worked for me.

I swear you people are never happy. Hopkins gives updates and it's "like opening a christmas present too early." Someone posts a rehearsal video with a good chunk of show and "how dare they post this for people to see!"

If you won the lottery you would be upset it didn't come in $2 bills. Unreal.

He was trying to provide a video so fans could see their (amazing) show this year and be excited. It worked for me.

I swear you people are never happy. Hopkins gives updates and it's "like opening a christmas present too early." Someone posts a rehearsal video with a good chunk of show and "how dare they post this for people to see!"

If you won the lottery you would be upset it didn't come in $2 bills. Unreal.

And now those vids can no longer be provided to ANYONE.....what's difficult to understand about that?

We will not be seeing these vids from the original source anymore....all because one moron could not follow clearly and frequently posted instructions.

If Cadets want to allow rehearsal vid to be released, that's their call. If BD does not, that's THEIR call...and ignoring that ruins it for everybody.

As an alum, I appreciated the vids, because they gave me a look at a show I probably would not be able to go see live....now thanks to gabe211, I won't even have that.

• Like 1