Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

He was trying to provide a video so fans could see their (amazing) show this year and be excited. It worked for me.

I swear you people are never happy. Hopkins gives updates and it's "like opening a christmas present too early." Someone posts a rehearsal video with a good chunk of show and "how dare they post this for people to see!"

If you won the lottery you would be upset it didn't come in $2 bills. Unreal.

The policies of the two corps regarding pre-season vids are completely opposite.

I don't necessarily agree with BD's lockdown of information, but it's their corps and their wishes should be respected.

The policies of the two corps regarding pre-season vids are completely opposite.

I don't necessarily agree with BD's lockdown of information, but it's their corps and their wishes should be respected.

It's also in their best interest legally if all sync rights are not obtained yet, which is usually the case at this point. Those are usually finalized later summer/early fall, which is why it takes so long to get the media out for people that purchase it.

Yeah....thanks a lot for ruining it for so many of the alums.

The source of that vid said EVERY #**(*#*#%))*ING TIME he posted one to the original location that they were NOT TO BE SHARED, POSTED, OR DOWNLOADED. But thanks to YOU, it appears he will no longer be able to provide those vids.

What part of not posting them was so difficult to understand? YOU have now ruined it for everyone else.

Failure to follow simple instructions...good going, jackass. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Oh....and isn't saying you have alternative links for bootleg vids a violation of DCP's TOS????

Hi 84BDsop!

You and Flammaster seem to be very upset about this and understandably so. I apologize for that. Many of us unfortunately are not in the inner circles and able to attend their spring training rehearsals like you guys. We get very antsy during the off season and grasp at any leads or media content surrounding anything that deals with the current season. Some corps actually engage with us and give us what we want (Thanks Hop :wink:), and others prefer us to wait until the first public performance. Some of us can't wait that long! :sad:

With that said, the original video was uploaded publicly and even viewable using a simple search query (even if it is unlisted)(I'll add there were no terms and conditions regarding sharing the video anywhere on the description or title of the video, I'm not a moron!). I actually found the video myself on another forum. There are ways (on youtube) to upload videos privately. You can control who and who cannot see your videos, even on a granular level. Like I mentioned to Flammaster, DCI and/or Blue Devils have every right to exercise a takedown if they feel that the video that Ronny recorded and uploaded to youtube is violating their intellectual property.

Edited by gabe211

Like I mentioned to Flammaster, DCI and/or Blue Devils have every right to exercise a takedown if they feel that the video that Ronny recorded and uploaded to youtube is violating their intellectual property.

Well, posting "I always have alternative links. Send me a PM." isn't exactly a classy thing to do either.

• Like 1

Well, posting "I always have alternative links. Send me a PM." isn't exactly a classy thing to do either.

Sure.

The video will be taken down and I won't be answering to anymore requests to that specific video.

I appreciate because I can always show friends and family the clips. Which I will do. Deal with it.

............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............
This season can't start soon enough.
  • Like 2

Right, because screw the original owner of the video and the rights holder. As long as you get yours...

That is exactly what I am saying. I am glad to see we agree! Speaking of that video, boy howdy do they have a great show this year! Very accessible music and visual design seems to be as great as it ever was. VERY great ensemble movement motions I can't wait to see it from up high. Anybody have word on uniforms for corps or guard yet? I'm curious to see if there will be "special" outfits like Into the Woods since their source music is from it.

Sure.

The video will be taken down and I won't be answering to anymore requests to that specific video.

Well we love you in Cadetland so keep recording those periscope vids of Cadets which evaporate after 24 hrs.

• Like 1