Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

BD has gotten a huge advantage from (a) being selected to perform on Friday instead of Saturday at Allentown prior to the Buffalo show, and (b) not having to come to the Massillon show in order to clean the show. This is why I see them winning at least Prelims - they will be the most prepared corps with the best show. Good luck to the members; your show is one of my favorites this year!

BD has gotten a huge advantage from (a) being selected to perform on Friday instead of Saturday at Allentown prior to the Buffalo show, and (b) not having to come to the Massillon show in order to clean the show. This is why I see them winning at least Prelims - they will be the most prepared corps with the best show. Good luck to the members; your show is one of my favorites this year!

They definitely have a little advantage with regards to rehearsal time.

Looks like smart scheduling to me. But coupled with the fact that they rehearse fall less than every other contender once the season starts, it probably a wash in terms of hours, if such a thing even matters.

The Blue Devils have always been the masters of "work smarter, not harder". Visit any Devils rehearsal and you'll see that in action.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 2

They definitely have a little advantage with regards to rehearsal time.

BD does great staging too. It should serve them well in the marathon 3 day shows. Cadets show is predicated on movement, high velocity motion. They could be exhausted with that by Sat. Nite. Then again, maybe the MM adrenaline will kick in for Sat. Nite and they'll be fine. We'll see.

Looks like smart scheduling to me. But coupled with the fact that they rehearse fall less than every other contender once the season starts, it probably a wash in terms of hours, if such a thing even matters.

The Blue Devils have always been the masters of "work smarter, not harder". Visit any Devils rehearsal and you'll see that in action.

BD frontloads a lot stuff so they don't have to go crazy while on tour. The year I was there most of the percussion section moved out there months before the season as did most the hornline, so they both got in a lot of rehearsal time. Pretty sure that tradition hasn't changed. Edited by mboogey73

BD frontloads a lot stuff so they don't have to go crazy while on tour. The year I was there most of the percussion section moved out there months before the season as did most the hornline, so they both got in a lot of rehearsal time. Pretty sure that tradition hasn't changed.

Yea, when I was there the schedule was different...almost everyone was there in January, and we did two camps each month, plus Sundays and Wednesday night sectionals. They don't do that anymore, but with the extended spring training, the net result is the same: Champions are built before you ever get on the bus.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 3

With California burning as it is; perhaps Carolina Crown's show would be more appropriate for The Blue Devils.

Edited by Chief Guns

C'mon, guy. You know he doesn't want anyone to have their house burnt down.

Just touched a nerve. But fair enough. This isn't about me. It's about this amazing season we are witnessing. I removed what i initially said.