MidCal Champions Showcase Fri, June 19, 2015 - 6:30 PM

I am posting this topic as a notice to anyone that is planning on attending the MidCal Champions Showcase on Friday, June 19th. DCI has been slow at changing the information on their site. They have started the change but not finished it yet.

http://www.dci.org/schedule/details.cfm?event=351

The original location and where it has been for a number of years is Buchanan High School in Clovis, CA. My understanding is that there is some construction going on there so the show has been moved. The new location is Washington Union High School, 6041 S Elm Ave, Fresno, CA. I am not really sure why they list it as Fresno because to me it looks like Easton which is south of Fresno off Hwy 41.

I purchased my ticket months ago. When I saw what looked like a change I called DCI. They explained the change and said I would receive an email about it which I did a day or two later. My real concern was that I already have my ticket and it is top row almost center. They said that as soon as they got the seating for this stadium they would issue new tickets to people who had already purchased.

So be forewarned that the show will not be held at Buchanan High School in Clovis but Washington Union High School in Fresno (Easton).

Read more: http://www.dci.org/schedule/details.cfm?event=351#ixzz3Zm2BqRUT

I expect that I should get a email Monday or soon after letting me know where my seat is and when I will receive my replacement ticket. It looks like I have the option to change my seat if I don't like it.

From the DCI site:

Performance Start Time - 6:30pm
Gates open at 5:00pm
Day of Show Box Office at Stadium opens at 3:00pm

Individuals who previously purchased tickets to the show while it was in Clovis already have their seats exchanged, If you would like to see what other seats are available and move to a different location, you will be able to do so from Monday, May 11 until Friday, May 15 at 5 p.m. ET by calling the DCI Box Office at 317.275.1212.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public starting at 5 p.m. ET on May 15.

Read more: http://www.dci.org/schedule/details.cfm?event=351#ixzz3ZndhY4p0

I wonder if Lamonica Stadium at Clovis HS was ever considered.

I have no idea. I was surprised just to hear about the change. I does appear that the stadium is no more than a year old and maybe less. I know it was used for football last season.

I have no idea. I was surprised just to hear about the change. I does appear that the stadium is no more than a year old and maybe less. I know it was used for football last season.

It just opened in the fall. The big question surrounding the change is parking and facilities. We'll probably find out more in the next month, but it does not have anywhere near the spacious area that Buchanan had. Too bad it's having construction done.

I too wonder why Lamonica wasn't chosen instead, or even Bulldog Stadium. Both would have been good choices and kept the show in Fresno. Easton isn't too far of a drive, just South on the 41.

It just opened in the fall. The big question surrounding the change is parking and facilities. We'll probably find out more in the next month, but it does not have anywhere near the spacious area that Buchanan had. Too bad it's having construction done.

I too wonder why Lamonica wasn't chosen instead, or even Bulldog Stadium. Both would have been good choices and kept the show in Fresno. Easton isn't too far of a drive, just South on the 41.

I received an email from DCI this morning about my ticket exchange. Because I could not see my seat on a seating chart I called and they explained my seat. I am still top row just off center which is what I want. From looking at a photo of the stadium those top center seats are not individual like Buchanan they do seem to be bench with a back. I stand up most of the show so it doesn't make much difference. I like to photograph from up there and not have an obstructed view or bother anyone.

I'm glad that I am not in what ever booster club that puts this show on. They have their work cut out for them with this change. As you say the Buchanan campus is spacious. I am from Madera Ranchos that has a Div V school. Last fall some of our girls tennis players played in a tennis tournament at Buchanan. I commented that that campus is about the size of our full community.

Now to sit back and wait for my ticket to arrive.

Edited by Madera Dons

I'm glad that I am not in what ever booster club that puts this show on. They have their work cut out for them with this change. As you say the Buchanan campus is spacious. I am from Madera Ranchos that has a Div IV school. Last fall some of our girls tennis players played in a tennis tournament at Buchanan. I commented that that campus is about the size of our full community.

Now to sit back and wait for my ticket to arrive.

It's because the Buchanan campus has three schools on it. It contains an elementary school, middle school, and high school all in one. Clovis Unified has built three of these Educational centers now, but the other two only have a middle school and high school on them. That's why the campuses seem so huge, but it's great for shows there. Tons of parking and warm-up space.