Savereide, Erik

eriksav

Hello everyone!

My name is Erik Savereide and I have just completed my freshman year at Duke University, where I am on a pre-medical track, with a planned major in Public Policy and minor in Psychology. While I am planning on someday being a doctor, music is still an integral part of my life.

Last summer, I had the incredible honor of marching with The Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps. Since first learning about drum corps during high school marching band and constantly watching any and all drum corps videos I could find on YouTube, I knew drum corps was something I wanted to do. After my senior season of marching band at Eden Prairie High School in Eden Prairie, MN, I decided to fly out east and audition for a trumpet spot in The Cadets. I was given a callback and ultimately a spot, which set the stage for the most incredible summer of my life.

During the summer of 2014, I experienced ups, downs, and everything in between, but had the time of my life getting to spend 90 days with such incredible people, working hard every day while getting to travel around the country performing for various audiences and meeting people who I will be friends with for my whole life. This summer, I am fortunate enough to be able to do it again. I am blessed to be able to call The Cadets my family, and to be able to do something I love while learning lessons about hard work, teamwork, perseverance, and so much more that I will be able to apply to the rest of my life.

But, as you know, drum corps is expensive. Costs for this season have added up to over $4000 with camp fees, equipment, tuition, and airfare. With all these costs broken divided over a 90 day season, I've calculated that each day of the summer with The Cadets costs around $60. It is for that reason that I would like to humbly ask you to consider sponsoring me and help make this summer financially possible for me. Though the economy has been recovering, families are still feeling the effects of the recession, and my family is no different. Towards the beginning of the recession, my father was laid off from his job, and spent three and a half years unemployed. He is now employed again, but my family is still recovering from those tough times. My younger sister also has a chronic disability she lives with, and medical costs associated with that quickly add up. Every three weeks, she needs an infusion to help boost her weak immune system, and, his summer, she will need to have a costly surgery to repair damaged sinuses so they are not prone to frequent infection as they are now.

If you would consider donating to me to help assist with the cost of this summer, I would be forever grateful. Any amount will make a huge difference and help me so much - every single dollar helps me to my goal. I have a GoFundMe account set up that I am using to collect donations, and it is linked here: http://www.gofundme.com/erikcadets2015

Thank you so much for reading this and for your consideration.

Erik

• Like 1