The "Perfect" Drum Corps show, according to Jim Valvano philos

I mean I would say Troopers '11 meets these criteria but it certainly ain't perfect. I would call that a Great show (capital intended).

truth, i may have been stretching the intention of the original post. I balked at the subjective perfect and thought we were trying to construct something else.

it's purely semantic, but I think we have a lot of words (personal ideal, favorite, effective) that encompass the intended description.

the word perfect is like those 20pt captions scores; doomed to be conflicted over perpetually, and improved because of the stir.

Which is why the word perfect was placed within rhetorical quotation marks in the first place. If it was meant to be intended as definitively perfect, then it would have been in bold print, not rhetorical quotation marks.

I would have thought that this would be a clear given in my address within the post to the "casual" fan, and admitting to being as such myself. My intent was NOT to force myself, given a lack of professional know-how, into being accepted in a role of "DCI adjudicator." Rather, I merely wished to contribute something which may be a basis for thought and consideration. There IS no perfect show...you know that, I know that, and anybody who has been associated with the activity knows that.

Thank you for your admission to mis-reading the original intent -- such takes a degree of courage of which I can respect...and readily do. I merely wished to open up the realm of the imagination...not to construct and enforce a self-intended realism.

Edited by HornTeacher

Crown 2009, Phantom 2010, Cadets 2011, and Crown 2012 are all shows that meet Valvano's criteria IMO.

Not unlike NC State 1983, a come from behind, upset, Cinderella story.

I had NC State picked at the start of the tournament to win that year. Won $5 off my English teacher because of it. Good memories ...

Not unlike NC State 1983, a come from behind, upset, Cinderella story.

yeah but I wanted Phantom to win

:tounge2:

yeah but I wanted Phantom to win

:tounge2:

Unfortunately (or rather, maybe fortunately), in basketball the "phantom tag" isn't possible. :tounge2:

Edited by HornTeacher

Unfortunately (or rather, maybe fortunately), in basketball the "phantom tag" isn't possible. :tounge2:

only on senior day in Chapel Hill

For me...it all comes down to which shows am I most excited to see again...and again...and which shows am I most excited to show other people who haven't seen them yet.