Fan Network Armegeddon - So Long SCV 1989

I haven't seen any moderators since you posted this. Maybe I missed them but they don't appear as often as we think. I half-expected posts to have been deleted by this morning which is the usual response to a disagreement that the moderators get involved in.

There was one poster last year who really said some uncalled for things to a few people on the forum during the summer. All the moderators did (at least from these eyes) was delete posts with the occasional warning/notification.

In fact, I don't know what it takes to go over the line here. When checking past posts there are times when I see that posters have been banned but what it involved just doesn't seem clear. Based on last year, the above isn't one of them.

To be honest, there are just a couple of people on here (one in the forefront right now) who I will never get along with. I so want to reply as truthfully as I can but I don't because in the end my life does not revolve about being right on this or any other social media - and trust me when I say there are times when I just want to walk away because of some of the shenanigans. However, there ARE nice people here.

Just keep posting. If people don't agree with you, that's okay.

You are right in many cases. You also ( as per some some of our conversations ) know very well there are some who choose their words carefully, bait and when they get a little push back play victim.

I do think it has been alot calmer than other years and yes many have left for many reasons. You are also right, there are some nice people here.

• Like 2

The mods have a tough job. I think generally they try to resolve things by reminding us to behave rather than trying to mete out discipline as they don't want to restrict dialogue or make people think they are taking sides.

Most everyone who is a regular here has probably strayed beyond the literal limitations of the guidelines innocently or in a bad moment. I think they understand we are human and just try to help us be civil.

I could be wrong, but I suspect some of the people who don't get along on this board might actually get along in person.

I think you might be right with that . I also have come across those who aren't quite as vocal face to face as they are on a computer

You are right in many cases. You also ( as per some some of our conversations ) know very well there are some who choose their words carefully, bait and when they get a little push back play victim.

I do think it has been alot calmer than other years and yes many have left for many reasons. You are also right, there are some nice people here.

You explained that perfectly - this is why I mentioned there were a couple who I will never get along with.

• Like 1

Back in the 90s, the Bushwackers seemed to re-locate to a different town in northern New Jersey each year. To end this confusion, someone in the Bushwacker organization noticed on a map the community of Thermopolis, Wyoming. They asked to be introduced as being from there, and for a number of years, they were (as a joke) so introduced.

Ah, thanks very much for the explanation.

I think you might be right with that . I also have come across those who aren't quite as vocal face to face as they are on a computer

True. Most people are a lot less vocal when they are on a computer. Although, I sometimes get pretty darn close to a snoring sound from time to time.

So has there been any news about this since the initial round of shows started being taken down? It's something I haven't really kept up with, my FN doesn't get a lot of attention in the other 9 months of the year.

Edited by DrumManTx

Rare is the day you don't actually come onto DCP and don't make outlandish claims. For the record, few on here defended DCI as vociferously and as often as me on here( certainly not you ) when DCI was about to possibly fall apart vs. the onslaught of the G7. I was on here almost daily defending DCI's quest to courageously and steadfastly withstand that surprise attack. Additionally, I just told you yesterday on another thread here on DCP that despite the shoddy treatment by DCI with my subscription, that I inntended to renew with DCI.... I have also been quoted here on DCP giving kudos to DCI for coming up with this creative idea ( FN )... Time and patience does not permit me to mention countless other times when I have given kudos to DCI, other than to end by saying that your charge is simply flat out false. My guess, I've probably given as much, if not far more, money to DCI products, services, etc have probably attended more DCI shows over the years than you or most others on here. But Its like me accusing you of beating your wife, and then asking you in a followup .. "then why do you stay with her ? " My guess, you'd have no time and patience either to want to even discuss such nonsense. But at least here I gave you a paragrah in my response to an equally ridiculous claim. Its probably more than this ridiculous charge deserves, but I least gave you the long paragrah in a reply that probably is not even worthy of any reply at all from me.

please show me outlandish claims I have made. I beg you.

as for the G7...um dude, i'm the guy that got the info and leaked it in the beginning. I'm the one that if info is out there, I post it after i get it verified by at least 3 reliable sources.I don't come out here swinging my dick in the wind. I come out here with info, or to get info I can use to get more info.

depending on the situation, I have either defended DCI or blasted DCI since DCP's doors opened and for years on RAMD before that.I'm the guy that got so mad at DCI I actually did walk away for 4 years. Didn't buy a cd or dvd. Only went to a show to see a former student. Ignored shows 20 minutes away. The groups I was in Friends with all cancelled our package.

so while at times I have defended DCI, I'd say in DCP's history I've been far more critical, but I am critical with facts, not assigning sinister scenarios and unfounded motives to people for doing things.

Did you have to go there? Would you rather only have only posts that you agree with? Talk about boredom. The few remaining users of this site (where did everybody go?) would dwindle even further.

i went there because i'm actually curious. opposing views are fine. Hell, Plan9 and I have agreed maybe 5 times in 7 years. MikeD and I haven't agreed much going back to both of us getting on RAMD

• Like 1