Fan Network 2015

well it's no secret the office staff runs on bare bones.

If the office is run on a shoe string/bare bones then they should not set dates they cannot meet or offer services they cannot support.

I gave up communicating with DCI a couple of years ago. After multiple questions were not answered on the "Ask DCI" link, then having to call the office to try and get an answer and then having another issue due to communication problems, I'm not going to bother any more.

It's not rocket science.

DCI does many things right. But as a consumer, one can only be sympathetic to staffing levels for so long...

Edited by Lincoln
  • Like 3

If the office is run on a shoe string/bare bones then they should not set dates they cannot meet or offer services they cannot support.

I gave up communicating with DCI a couple of years ago. After multiple questions were not answered on the "Ask DCI" link, then having to call the office to try and get an answer and then having another issue due to communication problems, I'm not going to bother any more.

It's not rocket science.

DCI does many things right. But as a consumer, one can only be sympathetic to staffing levels for so long...

Especially for the FN. I would suspect the main point of contact for most DCI fans is the FN. Unless you are in a region with many shows, most fans probably go to 0, 1, or 2 shows per year, plus the occasional regional or national championship.

" Thank you all for your patience. We expect to be up and running by the time our Legal Counsel here at DCI determines that we may legally begin FN for the new subscription term "

I don't believe the masses realize that. Otherwise they wouldn't complain.

True, but to be fair how many masses are complaining to DCI? I would guess FN is fairly smallish as far as number of subscribers, and of the percentage that's unhappy (meaning not just thinking, "wow they haven't updated yet; kinda weird" and full on "DCI is not updating yet: WTF?!?!?! They SUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK!!!!!!") I suspect a smaller percentage of those angry take the time to write to DCI voicing their concerns. So those that complain are likely a small subset of a small subset of subscribers.

NONE of that makes poor customer service/communication acceptable, though if we're being honest it's likely not a lot of subscribers are complaining to DCI about dropping shows from the archives or the lack of FN updates

• Like 1

You mean like calling Drum Corps World and Steve Vickers answers the phone..... :wow: (happened to me)

or calling Steve and he answers "Drum Corps World"

LOL.

been there, done that!

"You can expect to receive an update on or before three days ago."

At this point a revised statement would be appreciated...

yup. living down to expectations

It's not rocket science.

I don't disagree. I've never raved about customer service from DCI.

True, but to be fair how many masses are complaining to DCI? I would guess FN is fairly smallish as far as number of subscribers, and of the percentage that's unhappy (meaning not just thinking, "wow they haven't updated yet; kinda weird" and full on "DCI is not updating yet: WTF?!?!?! They SUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK!!!!!!") I suspect a smaller percentage of those angry take the time to write to DCI voicing their concerns. So those that complain are likely a small subset of a small subset of subscribers.

NONE of that makes poor customer service/communication acceptable, though if we're being honest it's likely not a lot of subscribers are complaining to DCI about dropping shows from the archives or the lack of FN updates

exactly. and as I said before, we keep coming back and giving them the money, so them, it's all fine and good.

Now, if there was enough outrage like the first time they streamed finals and the feed sucked...then we'd see and hear something.

I don't disagree. I've never raved about customer service from DCI.

And before anyone thinks people "just" complain, I addressed my concerns to the Grand Poobah of the Loyal Order of Water Buffalos if you get my drift.