Fan Network 2015

I do like that it's acknowledged by DCI that the archives of the older shows are (in their words) "extremely popular".

Agreed; I too thought that phrasing was a good sign.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

They said they hoped to be ready by now.. but they are not ready.. so they moved the goalposts back some more..,.. now its supposedly going to be a go on or around " June 12".

Anyone know if BHO is involved with these decisions? Similar to BHO allowing Iran extensions after extensions.

The FN doesn't work that way....it requires a net connection for streaming. Unless you've purchased and downloaded the audio or video (which is technically a separate thing).

It does if you know your way around a computer. I'm kind of considering it as a safe keep in case DCI throws an outrageous price/gets rid of more shows due to copyright. I have no use for them in video form though, I'd probably just convert them to audio.

Anyone know if BHO is involved with these decisions? Similar to BHO allowing Iran extensions after extensions.

No... I heard he was not involved in any of these FN extension decisions as he was in Hawaii golfing during the whole time.

Its Bush's fault.

Edited by BRASSO

It does if you know your way around a computer. I'm kind of considering it as a safe keep in case DCI throws an outrageous price/gets rid of more shows due to copyright. I have no use for them in video form though, I'd probably just convert them to audio.

Yea, but even so mirroring the complete archive makes no sense, and would be a giant data hog.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

Yea, but even so mirroring the complete archive makes no sense, and would be a giant data hog.

Luckily my internet provider is FiOS and there really isn't a "data limit." Obviously I don't want the whole fan network portfolio on my computer lol but I'm considering it for some of my more favorite shows.

I admit it, despite the fact that I get pist, I put up with a lot of glitches with the FN, because having the service is far better than not having something like this available. its pretty neat to catch a show live from a few hundred miles away on my computer ( or other mobile device ) in my air conditioned room.... and to play older shows going back as far as I want, when I want. Its the greatest thing to come down the pike from DCI in many a moon, imo. So DCI could probably kick me in the knutts, and I'd probably still still cough up the dough for this. But I still reserve my right to bark at them for the manner they conduct their business with me.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

No... I heard he was not involved in any of these FN extension decisions as he was in Hawaii golfing during the whole time.

It's Bush's fault.

I'm pretty sure the Fan Network staff were neither golfing in Hawai'i nor clearing brush on a Texas ranch.

Here's the DCI Live Streaming Schedule

It's now called DCI Live! and the linked article has all the details. Also from the article: "The extremely popular "DCI Fan Network," containing years of archival performance video, is being refreshed for reintroduction later this year."

duplicate sorry computer acted goofy

Edited by Jeff Ream