Fan Network 2015

Here's the DCI Live Streaming Schedule

It's now called DCI Live! and the linked article has all the details. Also from the article: "The extremely popular "DCI Fan Network," containing years of archival performance video, is being refreshed for reintroduction later this year."

late..yes.

finals added to the package like I've wanted and not tied to physical media? yes

I'm in. and looks like archives probably going the route WGI has now

late..yes.

finals added to the package like I've wanted and not tied to physical media? yes

I'm in. and loos like archives probably going the route WGI has now

How does WGI do archives right now?

I'm a little conflicted on whether to get this or not. They seem to have raised the prices (was it actually 100 dollars to get everything minus DVD's?) and they haven't really made it clear whether we will get all the archives we have now.

it was more. it was close to $120 if you got finals and no dvd's

it was more. it was close to $120 if you got finals and no dvd's

Oh but I didn't get finals.

Oh but I didn't get finals.

see I did. so i'm fine with it

Oh. I thought you meant in terms of pricing. I can't imagine DCI making the archives free.

due to licensing...they may not have a choice. WGI went totally dark when DCI's issues started. They say more old stuff is coming

For me it hinges on whether they offer on demand viewing after the live shows. It was rare that my schedule aligned to where I could watch an event live and I doubt that will change for me this summer.

• Like 5

My thought when WGI introduced their WGIZone platform was that since they weren't charging for the service they could include complete shows that previously had to be edited because of not having the sync rights. If this is DCI's plan, then Madison's New York Morning show, from 2011, which was heavily edited, could now be included complete in all it's glory!!!

From the article: "The extremely popular "DCI Fan Network," containing years of archival performance video, is being refreshed for reintroduction later this year." Could the refreshing that they mentioned be the reintroduction of the complete shows now, since sync rights don't apply on products that aren't being sold??? So my thought is that the new DCI Live will be the revenue generating arm for DCI that will only contain current year shows and the DCI Fan network will be the archival arm which will not generate any income. It's a revolutionary idea but when you consider what WGI accomplished with their WGIZone, it could be the right direction for DCI.

• Like 1