Fan Network 2015

I imagine that like me, Fannetwork had many overseas viewers which makes it impossible to watch live events' live'. If they have the on demand (i.e. watch the next day) function on this new platform, I will subscribe, if they don't, there is no point and I suspect they will lose many other viewers that cannot watch events live (unless they are nocturnal!)

• Like 3

Yea, but even so mirroring the complete archive makes no sense, and would be a giant data hog.

Not that much of a data hog these days with the codecs that are available.

Still want to support DCI though, but it wouldn't be that bad. HD space is cheap, and those with data caps could make an argument against streaming.

I imagine that like me, Fannetwork had many overseas viewers which makes it impossible to watch live events' live'. If they have the on demand (i.e. watch the next day) function on this new platform, I will subscribe, if they don't, there is no point and I suspect they will lose many other viewers that cannot watch events live (unless they are nocturnal!)

I totally agree. I imagine they would be smart enough to think about that.

I agree with previous posters - two major questions that I hope will have positive answers:

Delayed viewing: I imagine there are many whose ability to watch "live" is limited because they are involved with corps (DCI or DCA), have other obligations, log in from overseas, or have ill timed equipment failures on their end. If we no longer have video on demand, I hope we at least have the three days to rewind and watch an event which has been one of the best features of the recent Fan Network.

Downloads: In this environment of disappearing archives and shows cut to pieces by the time the Blu-Rays come out, video and audio downloads may be the only way to get full show recordings you can hang on to.

I agree that the ability to rewatch some of these shows for a period of time after the live broadcast was a big plus for some of us.... particularly for those shows during the workweek and/ or for those of us on the east coast and the show was in another later time zone for us. Hope DCI allows the shows to be up for a bit.

I posted a question about on demand viewing with live and DCI replied saying more info was coming soon. So I am not sure about if there will be, but I hope so.

DCI + half-solutions and "coming soon" answers = sadly par for the course. They're as passive a bunch of people when dealing with business as I've seen. I at least hope they deal with the member corps better than this.

Mike

• Like 1

Maybe some of these will purchase it...

flashcards_nocturnal_animals72.jpg