Fan Network 2015

My thought when WGI introduced their WGIZone platform was that since they weren't charging for the service they could include complete shows that previously had to be edited because of not having the sync rights. If this is DCI's plan, then Madison's New York Morning show, from 2011, which was heavily edited, could now be included complete in all it's glory!!!

From the article: "The extremely popular "DCI Fan Network," containing years of archival performance video, is being refreshed for reintroduction later this year." Could the refreshing that they mentioned be the reintroduction of the complete shows now, since sync rights don't apply on products that aren't being sold??? So my thought is that the new DCI Live will be the revenue generating arm for DCI that will only contain current year shows and the DCI Fan network will be the archival arm which will not generate any income. It's a revolutionary idea but when you consider what WGI accomplished with their WGIZone, it could be the right direction for DCI.

That's just crazy enough to work (note: I'm not super familiar with that specific aspect of copy right/syncing laws so I don't know if that does work)!!

Maybe some of these will purchase it...

flashcards_nocturnal_animals72.jpg

DCI doesn't break down their demographics, unfortunately, so it's hard to say for sure. But I'm fairly certain they have a large flying squirrel fan base based off of my own personal anecdotes I will only vaguely mention

• Like 1

Maybe some of these will purchase it...

flashcards_nocturnal_animals72.jpg

I'd like to see a drum corps title their show "Golden Potto".

• Like 1

DCI doesn't break down their demographics, unfortunately, so it's hard to say for sure. But I'm fairly certain they have a large flying squirrel fan base based off of my own personal anecdotes I will only vaguely mention

Yes, and I think their internal name for that is the 'Rocky' group of fans.

• Like 1

DCI.org has schedule up finally. 16 shows for $59.95 up to and including Allentown. You can get a package that also includes 3 days of finals(minus top 15 in semis due to theater broadcast) so a total of 19 shows with finals for $99.95. A 3 days showing for finals week is $79.95 I think the 19 day package sounds pretty good, but it doesn't say if finals week is a one time viewing or just on demand. It did say the archives will be down but they will work on revamping it. Also the preview show on the 15th will feature Madison Scouts and Troopers, and it looks like it will be free to the public to see the quality of the new broadcasts.

I'll give DCI the benefit of the doubt...the new platform would really be exceptional if it could be used on Roku or Chromecast, and maybe we will have more reliable streams for the bigger events.

I really wish they would open up Finals and stop treating it like a Mayweather fight. The hardcore DCP-type fans will never be dissuaded from seeing a live show if they are able to. The niche, hardcore fans that want to watch a Tuesday night feed from Duncie, Oklabraska in June will pay for it regardless. Finals however, should be about as many eyeballs as possible on their best, most mainstream product. $10 Finals stream on YouTube to tap into all the future DCI market (music students) across the country.

There is still a segment of the population that thinks a low-cost Finals will deter attendance. What will it take to change this way of looking at it?

At a quick glance it seems like the changes include, prelims and semi finals are no longer part of the regular package, so you have to pay an extra $40 for those shows. Also no listing for Open Class semis or finals shows. I also made a mistake in my question of whether finals week were just a live viewing, or whether you can watch them on demand later as well. I know previously if you were buying the dvd you could watch finals on demand later. There is also no package listing for dvds and fannetwork like there have been in the past.

At a quick glance it seems like the changes include, prelims and semi finals are no longer part of the regular package, so you have to pay an extra $40 for those shows. Also no listing for Open Class semis or finals shows. I also made a mistake in my question of whether finals week were just a live viewing, or whether you can watch them on demand later as well. I know previously if you were buying the dvd you could watch finals on demand later. There is also no package listing for dvds and fannetwork like there have been in the past.

You're about four pages behind :)