Fan Network 2015

They probably could've made more money if they had also made each individual show available for purchase so that folks would not feel like they are wasting money by paying the $100.00 for the package and not being able to watch several shows at all because of personal schedules/preferences...

Yes, that would have helped many. Again, for me, just sitting at home enjoying the Championships on my OWN big screen is worth $50-60 alone! If the other $40 I laid out gets me just one-third of the remaining broadcast schedule, I'm OK.

It would be interesting to calculate the total cost to actually attend these events. The figure for tickets alone, particularly if you purchase two seats, is lots of money.

They probably could've made more money if they had also made each individual show available for purchase so that folks would not feel like they are wasting money by paying the $100.00 for the package and not being able to watch several shows at all because of personal schedules/preferences...

The do have an option where one can purchase the shows individually.

The do have an option where one can purchase the shows individually.

Hopefully they let us purchase either semis or finals individually because that's all i plan on paying for.

• Like 1

Wouldn't mind being about to purchase watch a regular season competition to see what DCI is like with the non-brass/perc instruments. My guess is I would not like the "other" sounds with my beloved olde tyme perc/horn sound but would like to give it at least one try.

And no, exhibition and camp vids don't cut it. Would like to see a whole competition to get the full feel.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Yes, that would have helped many. Again, for me, just sitting at home enjoying the Championships on my OWN big screen is worth $50-60 alone! If the other $40 I laid out gets me just one-third of the remaining broadcast schedule, I'm OK.

It would be interesting to calculate the total cost to actually attend these events. The figure for tickets alone, particularly if you purchase two seats, is lots of money.

The FN is not comparable to attending live events. You can't just add up the cost of tickets, gas, concessions, etc and promote a "savings" vs seeing a live performance. Unlike some major sports, an online stream for drum corps will never come close to the value of seeing a show live.

• Like 1

Wow..just went into FN after a month and boy am I surprised. Guess I will look into what DCI.org has to offer. How disappointing.

All previous years championship videos are off of Blue Devils Media Box now too... this is going to get worse before it gets better. I imagine Musicforall will be next with their online offerings being removed...

Man, I really hope we still have the option to purchases DVD', CD's, Bluray at the end of the season. If they go to, oh boy...

If I'm the DCI taping crew schlepting out with their equipment to these shows around the country, I'd make sure I'm payed 50% minimum in advance. I'd then run the check thru my bank to make sure it clears before I'd book a hotel or turn on a single camera. BUT... thats probably just me. Others probably wouldn't blink an eye during this chaotic and confusing time regarding the schlepting around the country to tape these shows when the subscription retention rates might just be falling thru the floor right now.

Edited by BRASSO