Fan Network 2015

Does anyone else have a problem with the free videos stuttering really bad? I am in a hotel this weekend and can stream video from a lot of other sources (youtube, HBONow, Netflix, etc.) but when I try to stream the free videos on DCI.org, they stutter really bad (buffering every 1 second or so). I am debating whether to buy the live streams for DCI West tonight ... if the video is going to be like this, it definitely isn't worth it. Has anyone else had this experience and, if so, did you find a solution?

Yes, it's unreliable for me too, and my computer is no slouch. I can bounce a 40-track mix while watching Netflix and backing up files, but I can't watch a two-minute DCI video.

I was set on signing up, now I'm not sure. Maybe the money spent would be better applied to a DVD instead of a Live subscription and then DVD.

This has been the strangest year in long while. Some of the issues just leave me saying "whatever" to myself.

• Like 2

skevinp.... DCI is trying Steampunk this year...... For our era think Wild Wild West.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Remnants of Bill are moving in on the Mid-Atlantic now. Big storms at the front of it. If I lose power tonight mid-show, I'm gonna have a sad.

What time is the DCI Live show broadcast tonight in Central Time? Their web site doesn't indicated a time zone from what I could tell. Thanks. Oops. Just found it!

Edited by fatbrassboy

Yes, I had the same problem and was able to resolve with DCI. Basically the troubleshooting steps they gave me are:

1. Clear history - cookies/ cache

2. Make sure browser and flash versions are up to date

3. Make sure you have sufficient local storage - set to 1 MG (right click on the flash screen, go to the folder tab and adjust the slider)

4. Adjust the steam quality lower on the player controls.

The last one was what ultimately worked for me - hope this helps

Thanks... I'll try that. The dress rehearsal preview show worked fine for me on Monday. Edited by jasgre2000

Well, I've paid my 99 bucks and even though it's after 9pm ET, I still am getting a message that the event has not started...
and no "Live Chat" operators are currently available...

Edited by ashevillemurphy