Fan Network 2015

Which is why I don't understand why they didn't try paid content using this unbelievable backbone instead of another 3rd party operator acting as a middleman and probably charging DCI up the wazoo...

Once you put something on YouTube, there are a lot of legal things that happen to that content. None of them are in your favor.

Remember, when you are paying, you are the customer. When you get something free, you are the product.

• Like 1

Once you put something on YouTube, there are a lot of legal things that happen to that content. None of them are in your favor.

Remember, when you are paying, you are the customer. When you get something free, you are the product.

OK I understand...but I was referring to paid channels and not free content...where subscribers pay a fee...but I am not intimate with the legality of this...so your point is well taken...personally I think DCI has the right idea per se...that is a paid subscription service...I'm just not completely sold on their distributor...of course I really like the backbone of Amazon's servers which is utilized extensively by Netflix...

edit: amazon is a pay as you use it for bandwidth etc.

Edited by Liahona

You can get away with a little sync issue when you're broadcasting soccer... not DCI stuff.

It blows my mind actually on how well they do with this!!!!

I've looked at the DCI West I capture (raw stream not screen grab) and the best I can tell is that the audio got out of sync four times with the video feed (high cam) which makes it way more noticeable for the later corps.

The overall video quality looks is pretty sweet and looks good when viewed from the proper distance (i.e., not sitting 12 inches from a 32 inch monitor). I'd like to get less static in the audio feed, there's some noticeable buzzing in the later corps that I'm assuming is a mic picking up the lights (?). Audio is vast improved from the preview show.

I've watched and used Neulion for other things and rarely have problems, this leads me to believe it's the front end team trying to figure out the new system and get things aligned. The improvement between preview show and DCI west has me hopeful that they'll get this nailed down in the next week or so.

The lack of iDevice support is in-excusable. There's no reason why that should have broken between the preview show and the Stanford show.

On a note about the commercials, those are not in the raw feed. It's an overlay in the actual player source code that sources those from their ad partners. That's why they come in so clear and each time you try to refresh you get them.

• Like 1

all I know is if I have issues, it's getting old trying to play techno sleuth to see where the issue is especially since I can't rewind and watch later

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

all I know is if I have issues, it's getting old trying to play techno sleuth to see where the issue is especially since I can't rewind and watch later

I'm sure you are not the only one either...

The lack of iDevice support is in-excusable. There's no reason why that should have broken between the preview show and the Stanford show.

From what i understand, that was a one-time incredibly unfortunate coincidence. It should be back for the next stream. But time will tell...

From what i understand, that was a one-time incredibly unfortunate coincidence. It should be back for the next stream. But time will tell...

This is why if there are problems this week for this next stream, I will be contacting DCI for a refund. Oh wait, technically it wasn't DCI that I paid or was it?

The main reason I bought a subscription on FN was so I can watch it shows the next day or later on. I just don't have the time or patience to watch it live. That's probably why I'm just not into this season at all. I guess I'm search Youtube for illegal downloads but I have no idea what others are doing this season. I saw a bit of Carolina's show on You tube from their preview night and I had no idea they were going black unis this year.

• Like 1

DCI just sent out an email to subscribers. Here is what it said:

Thank you for your recent purchase of a DCI Live! subscription and your support of Drum Corps International.

This season we have been proud to bring you a brand new DCI.org; a destination for fans to find all the latest news about Drum Corps International and its performing corps, watch video, purchase merchandise, and more. In addition, DCI fans now have access to an enhanced video player offering a high-quality, HD live video experience, DCI Live!

We are continuing to work with our technology partner to assure we deliver the best user experience for DCI fans as possible. During the launch process it was crucial for us to focus on the core of our product offering including the website, video and store. We will soon be introducing DCI fans to brand new custom mobile apps for the iPhone, Android phone and iPad, which include live streaming, and we will keep you informed as soon as those apps are launched.

As those apps undergo their final stages of testing and approval prior to launch, please know that at this time DCI Live! will ONLY be available on the desktop version of our website. This is temporary and we are actively working to launch the new DCI apps which will include mobile streaming. We continue to strive to bring you the best quality with DCI Live! and we feel the apps will provide this experience.

Thank you for your continued support.

Drum Corps International

Marching Musics Major League

317.275.1212 phone

www.dci.org

Edited by drummergirl