Fan Network 2015

Of course, I don't think any other sporting event live-streaming does something like that, so maybe DCI just gave us awesome gifts for years and this year is more indicative of reality. I haven't pulled the trigger on subscribing yet more because the live stream quality seems inconsistent at best. Change is no problem IMO, even if it's a change in procedure that I personally dislike. But inferior quality doesn't fly, and isn't worth my money.

The feed quality isn't really inconsistent at all this year. The feeds have been great! The problem lies with the individuals who have problems on their end and are blaming the feeds. Have a slow connection? Probably not smart to watch a 720p live feed then... The problem of buffering and the feed freezing for people is an issue on the consumers end or with their ISP, not a problem at the site or in the feed. The only issues I've seen so far that were due to the feed and/or problem at the site was the multicam audio sync issue in one of the first shows and the Left/Right channel switch at this last show. The channel switch was fixed after the next performance and the audio sync issue from the first one, honestly don't know what happened since I just switched to the high feed.

I am so missing watching the shows this year. But with all the issues that are being reported by many here, I am glad I didn't drop the cash for the video. I know some are having a good feed. However, there are far too many having troubles and the lack of "On Demand" is a show-stopper for me. At least I will get to see a show live in a couple weeks when all the corps finally get to the east coast.

So bummed................ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I tore the chat support person's head off tonight after the webcast disconnected at DATR!

"I am so tired of the crap that is happening with these webcasts... Terrible audio all the way through Bluecoats show, I was just getting into the BK's performance when the feed disconnected. I paid $99 for this subscription and I am getting more enjoyment out of YouTube videos! I am completely unsatisfied with this product could you please point me in the direction of a refund?"

And she then told me to go fill out a freaking survey about my experience with the live webcasts.. She didn't even give me a link or point me in the direction of the survey!

If things don't improve before finals, then I am sincerely worried about DCI staying together...

• 3 months later...

I'm glad the digital store is still available. (And from what I understand, that's a whole different level of licensing rights, that has nothing to do with the streaming.) I care more about that than I do the archives. Now if they'd just institute less insane pricing on the videos...

Mike

Seems this is totally unavailable now. Doesn't look like there's a way to purchase a single audio or video download from DCI currently.