The Shows You're Most Excited to See in 2015

2015 Show Anticipation  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What shows are you highly anticipating in the 2015 Drum Corps season?

• Blue Devils - Ink
    • Bluecoats - Kinetic Noise
    • The Cadets - The Power of Ten
    • Santa Clara Vanguard - The Spark of Invention
    • Carolina Crown - Inferno
    • The Cavaliers - Game On
    • Phantom Regiment - City of Light
    • Blue Knights - Because
    • Blue Stars - Side Show
    • Boston Crusaders - Conquest
    • Madison Scouts - 78th and Madison
    • Crossmen - Above and Beyond
    • Colts - ...And A Shot Rings Out: A Johnny Staccato Murder Mystery
    • Troopers - Wild Horses
    • The Academy - Unannounced
    • Spirit of Atlanta - Out of the Ashes
    • Oregon Crusaders - The Midnight Garden
    • Pacific Crest - The Catalyst
    • Mandarins - Ressurection
    • Jersey Surf - Sun Surfing
    • Seattle Cascades - Intergalactic
    • Pioneer - Exodus: Divide the Sea, Unite the People

Talk about left-handed compliments.

The one thing that corps teaches besides hard work is honesty and integrity with self and others.

What...?

The Devils are always contenders.

Can Bluecoats capitalize on last years success?

The Cadets look and sound like contenders.

Vanguard are so close!

Crown seem to have their percussion situation on track.

The Cavaliers have been surging the past couple of years

Phantom is always a Wild Card!

Blue Knights seem to have fond a formula that works!

Blue Stars look promising!

Boston can land anywhere 5-12

Madison's Show looks Exciting!

That fight for the 12th spot should be incredible!

• Like 1

House Seawright and House Royer.

Summer is Coming....

With move ins starting all over the place, I think it's a good time to gauge who's peaking everyone's interest for the 2015 season. Feel free to select as many shows as you want that excite you the slightest bit and discuss! I'll give my top 5:

1) The Cadets - "The Power of Ten" seems like it is going to be a powerhouse show from a powerhouse corps. The stuff they've given us has certainly accentuated my excitement to see what this corps is going to do in 2015, I think this is going to be fantastic.

Ok this is my problem.

Cadets have put out this "periscope" cam so that we can see their rehearsals. So with their "theme" and the choice of music, along with the opener that I've seen (even in the state of existence that it's currently in), this is what I have to say about it.

This looks really nice so far. Difficult program and it's clear the corps is working hard to come out of the gates strongly. I'm just wondering how the show designers think a show like this can still win, when Side x Side could not, and this show, from an artistic standpoint, doesn't look like it will compare to even that.
The opener seems to drag on and on without any real point to it. No clear concept of what the show is about, except for what the title says. Does not convey a concrete message or story. Although this is music and marching in its purist form, unfortunately music and marching at a very high level isn't good enough anymore.
I'm disappointed that the Cadets' staff has not yet seemed to have learned that a winning program is done by artistic design, and perfecting the music and marching part is just incidental. This would have been a killer show 15+ years ago, but now I fear it may only be 3rd or 4th, despite all of the obvious hard work the corps has done so far. Sorry to be a Debby Downer, but I can't contain my disappointment, because I'd really like to see Cadets win another title, or even put something innovative on the field again. I haven't seen real innovation from this corps since 2005.
We don't judge movies nowadays based on how good the acting is. They're judged on what the movie is about, and how well the movie's message gets across. The acting part just helps that ultimate goal come into focus.
Has the idea well really run that dry that they feel the need to do work from a composer that has been featured in the average of at least one World Class / Div I corps program per year for the past 30 years?
So no, I'm not very excited to see The Cadets. There are too many corps experimenting with some new ideas, namely the corps that surround them, among others, and it would not surprise me if The Cadets lose their medal...however, I do think they will keep it because the demand will be there, and it will be very clean come Finals.
Edited by BoyWonder1911
  • Like 1

Ok this is my problem.

Cadets have put out this "periscope" cam so that we can see their rehearsals. So with their "theme" and the choice of music, along with the opener that I've seen (even in the state of existence that it's currently in), this is what I have to say about it.

This looks really nice so far. Difficult program and it's clear the corps is working hard to come out of the gates strongly. I'm just wondering how the show designers think a show like this can still win, when Side x Side could not, and this show, from an artistic standpoint, doesn't look like it will compare to even that.

The opener seems to drag on and on without any real point to it. No clear concept of what the show is about, except for what the title says. Does not convey a concrete message or story. Although this is music and marching in its purist form, unfortunately music and marching at a very high level isn't good enough anymore.

I'm disappointed that the Cadets' staff has not yet seemed to have learned that a winning program is done by artistic design, and perfecting the music and marching part is just incidental. This would have been a killer show 15+ years ago, but now I fear it may only be 3rd or 4th, despite all of the obvious hard work the corps has done so far. Sorry to be a Debby Downer, but I can't contain my disappointment, because I'd really like to see Cadets win another title, or even put something innovative on the field again. I haven't seen real innovation from this corps since 2005.

We don't judge movies nowadays based on how good the acting is. They're judged on what the movie is about, and how well the movie's message gets across. The acting part just helps that ultimate goal come into focus.

Has the idea well really run that dry that they feel the need to do work from a composer that has been featured in the average of at least one World Class / Div I corps program per year for the past 30 years?

So no, I'm not very excited to see The Cadets. There are too many corps experimenting with some new ideas, namely the corps that surround them, among others, and it would not surprise me if The Cadets lose their medal...however, I do think they will keep it because the demand will be there, and it will be very clean come Finals.

So you're not looking forward to The Cadets?

• Like 2

So you're not looking forward to The Cadets?

I would assume not...

Boywonder - do you not think limiting yourself to 10 yards for the whole ballad is experimenting and creative? I think you need to give Cadets a break. After all you have seen much more of their show than anyone else's and none of us know what is in the designer's minds and what stage of experimentation they are at.

What...?

My guess is that the comment is in reference to a remark I made about what I heard about Cadets in 2015 from a current member. He's very enthusiastic about the upcoming season and I did say my source could be biased, but quite frankly, I would expect a current corps member to say positive things, and in the case of this young person, I would say his info is accurate. My guess is that every Blue Devil, Cadet, Bluecoat, and member of Crown and SCV thinks this will be the year, possibly the same could be said with every Cavalier and member of PR. Being enthusiastic is a part of the mindset of a champion.

Ok this is my problem.

We'll see.

Troopers - I have information on their music selections and I've heard parts of the show. This is the year Troop makes finals. This show is amazing and unless something's changed, they have a trick up their sleeve regarding their ballad

Yeah, this is the second time you have referred to this ballad thing. If it is what I have heard, not so sure that I would be that optimistic about the "trick" for the ballad.