"New" brass instruments in 2015?

Saw a picture of Cadtes playing french horns. Why can't they use marching french horns instead of concert french horns?

• Like 2

Saw a picture of Cadtes playing french horns. Why can't they use marching french horns instead of concert french horns?

Because they don't sound the same, let alone play the same. If they wanted a marching french horn sound, they'd use them. They don't.

• Like 1

I would like to see more use of the French Horn as well as the Trombone/Baritone. I seriously doubt any corps will march a trombone, but I have been wrong before so we'll see.

I'm okay with most of the new instruments being used except for Sousaphones. I hope no one uses them.

I think if you apply the logic and arguments that have made in the past that its so the kids coming out of HS band will feel comfortable playing the instruments they are use too instead of adjusting to different instruments... then Sousaphones seem like the logical answer to put on the field. I say bring them. You allready have French Horns and Trombones on the field. Whats another NON bugle corps instrument on the summer band field going to make the differenece???