New New Drums Thread?

Crowns Drums are Bad ###!!!!

• Like 1

What you said. I'm serious - I think we're going to look back (even fairly soon) and smack ourselves in the forehead, asking why nobody had ever thought of this before. Especially for drumlines that don't churn battery instruments every year, this puts them on equal footing with top tier groups.

Mike

I'll point out as well there are a couple of other companies starting to do the same thing.

I am under the impression that www.digitalmarchingfx.com offers them even though their website does not display them and I recently encountered another company called Gilley Designs (http://www.gilley-designs.com/)

The market for this is starting to grow. I know very little about either of these companies but Gilley Designs had a few WGI clients (Arcadia HS appears to be one) and are doing the slips for Genesis in Open Class.

I'll point out as well there are a couple of other companies starting to do the same thing.

I am under the impression that www.digitalmarchingfx.com offers them even though their website does not display them and I recently encountered another company called Gilley Designs (http://www.gilley-designs.com/)

The market for this is starting to grow. I know very little about either of these companies but Gilley Designs had a few WGI clients (Arcadia HS appears to be one) and are doing the slips for Genesis in Open Class.

So what you're saying is I could possibly apply to be beta testers for the next WGI season? :tongue:

So what you're saying is I could possibly apply to be beta testers for the next WGI season? :tongue:

Quite possibly if you find the right people trying to get off the ground and get their product out there.

I used ON2 last year and with our school getting some "new" used drums I'm shopping around to see what will work best for my group. We are actually getting some, for lack of a better word, prototype Mapex drums used during WGI season so there will be some unique things with them that I'll have to work with companies on for the right fit. I'm not expecting any freebies or anything but I am interested in helping these companies learn these potential changes so they will be ready once (or if) these adaptations hit the production market in the future.

Quite possibly if you find the right people trying to get off the ground and get their product out there.

I used ON2 last year and with our school getting some "new" used drums I'm shopping around to see what will work best for my group. We are actually getting some, for lack of a better word, prototype Mapex drums used during WGI season so there will be some unique things with them that I'll have to work with companies on for the right fit. I'm not expecting any freebies or anything but I am interested in helping these companies learn these potential changes so they will be ready once (or if) these adaptations hit the production market in the future.

We just have the 15 year old Yamaha drums lol independent group that gets to use high schools equipment has its ups and downs.