New New Drums Thread?

Slips are printed vinyl covers that wrap around the wooden drum shells (and on bass drums, the wooden rims as well). Bluecoats last year used them on their battery. Blue Devils are using them this year. The advantage is they're removable (and thus you don't have to sell/buy new drums each year) and they can be printed with some faaaaar out stuff. Check out that On2 link above - they've got some crazy-looking samples. One day I'm going to get the circuit board one for my drum.

Mike

Thought that might be it. Thanks for the info.

Can anyone definitively confirm what Scouts snares played on last night -- Blackmax or mylar? My ears were hearing a clearly mylar vibe...

They have Remo Blackmax (Kevlar) on the batter top head. And I agree, those flat gray drums don't match the show theme. They should be all chrome or something. However, the line sounds great!

Can anyone definitively confirm what Scouts snares played on last night -- Blackmax or mylar? My ears were hearing a clearly mylar vibe...

Looks like Black Max for sure.

BlackMax.jpg

And those drums look way better up close. They just don't add anything to the look of the corps from the stands. Last year's green lacquer or a red lacquer or sparkle would have been perfect.

Edited by SFZFAN