What to read on the bus?

There are a lot of hours to fill on the bus. I've read "Building the Green Machine" by Colt Foutz. Are there other reads related to DC out there? It's always nice to read fiction related to what we love. I haven't been able to find much out there.

The book, "Stumbling on the Downbeat" by Shawna Quinn, is coming out June 15. It's a novel about drum corps!

http://www.amazon.com/Stumbling-Downbeat-John-Harten-ebook/dp/B00Y99N7EE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433197298&sr=8-1&keywords=stumbling+on+the+downbeat

Kinda big but believe History of Drum Corps is out in soft cover.... problem might be finding it...

Read "Not for the Faint of Heart." Great book about a 1990s SCV quad player. I think his name is Spike, but don't know off hand. I bet if you Google it it will come up. You'll be able to tell just by the cover that it's a drum corps book. It's got a picture of finals retreat (from the opposing side of the field) on the cover.

• Like 4

Read "Not for the Faint of Heart." Great book about a 1990s SCV quad player. I think his name is Spike, but don't know off hand. I bet if you Google it it will come up. You'll be able to tell just by the cover that it's a drum corps book. It's got a picture of finals retreat (from the opposing side of the field) on the cover.

That's an absolutely fantastic book. Love it.

• Like 2

The book Space Music, by Jack Meehan is spectacular. If you aren't familiar with Jack, he invented the space music method that the Blue Devils and a long list of other corps and bands use. He's a DCI Hall of Fame brass instructor, and father of the current Devils caption head, John Meehan.

Another great read is The Lorin Solo: A Novel by Chuck Edwards. It's a cool fictional story that develops under Blue Devils in 1986 championship season.

That better be one good ### book. It's selling for $375 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Not-Faint-Heart-Journey-Vanguard/dp/0979043808