What to read on the bus?

Well the best read on tour is Playb... Ok ok nevermind:)

My last year marching one of the baritone players received a care package from a friend. One of the items was the latest issue of Plumpers that made it's way around the bus that evening.

My last year marching one of the baritone players received a care package from a friend. One of the items was the latest issue of Plumpers that made it's way around the bus that evening.

When I first read this, I saw the word "Plumbers."

• Like 1

Maybe they don't share your religion?

I would imagine that people that read the Bible and the and others that don't read the Bible both share and don't share my religion.

I would imagine that people that read the Bible and the others that don't read the Bible both share and don't share your religion as well.

Edited by BRASSO

When I first read this, I saw the word "Plumbers."

BITD tours did contain how too manuals and books written by " plumbers ".

I wished my Corps hired a full time plumber and took him with us on tour, as a matter of fact. ( lol!)

Already have my book picked out for tour. Brian Moynahan's "Leningrad: Siege and Symphony." It's a book detailing both the three year siege of the city from the POV of the people trapped inside; juxtaposed with Shostakovich writing his symphony and its preparation/performance within the besieged city. It's a pretty thick book, should keep me going on the bus.

• Like 3

There are a lot of hours to fill on the bus. I've read "Building the Green Machine" by Colt Foutz. Are there other reads related to DC out there?

Don't do it. Don't read drum corps on a drum corps tour. Don't let someone else's tongue flavor your taste. Read something else. Let your eyes see drum corps unfiltered by someone else's prism. Hear what's in your ears and not the echo of something outside your orbit.

I am sure there is a time for reading drum corps. That time surely is after tour - after you've taken it all in - and after you've had the time to reflect on what you've done and what it means. It's a moment in time you'll never have again. Make it yours.

Read something else. There's plenty. Try epics like Herman Wouk's "Winds of War" or Larry McMurtry's "Lonesome Dove" to see heroes and villains, love and regret, on a grand scale. Or follow one solitary man, William Least Heat Moon in "Blue Highways" as he travels the backroads of the U.S. and discovers himself. So many more to recommend.

This is precious time. Use it well.

HH

Edited by glory
  • Like 2

Well the best read on tour is Playb... Ok ok nevermind:)

I would suggest Stephen King. The Shining, It, Cujo, Christine, Pet Cemetery... Great books. Or, the Tom Clancy books are cool- Lots o spy stuff!

you mean the Forum?

:ninja:

This is awesome. I had no idea there was so much out there. Too bad it's tricky to get your hands on some.

$375?! ... at least it would take a lot less effort to get the whole "experience"... armchair marching, interesting concept

" It takes a Village " ( by Hillary Rodham Clinton ).. its good fiction, and potentially a wonderful sleep aid on long bus rides, imo.