ROC not top vacation spot

Surpise Surpise

Wow ... read the last line of the article ... guess DCA weekend won't be coming back to Bridgeport soon ...

:sad:

• Like 1

With schools in CT starting before Labor Day, no stadium to have it in and certainly not a great selection of hotels ~ yes, Connecticut definitely has its own issues to overcome.

I wonder if that overall Baltimore rating is going to take a hit due to the recent...uhhh... events there.

Also hard to believe that the Orlando area is rated as low as it is in the "weather conditions" rankings. Yes, I know the summer humidity can be tough... but most of the year, great vacation weather.

Edited by Fran Haring

Following DCA last Labor Day, before heading home, I drove up to the lakefront by Durond Eastman park and to Irondequoit Bay, both of which seemed quite nice.

• Like 1

Following DCA last Labor Day, before heading home, I drove up to the lakefront by Durond Eastman park and to Irondequoit Bay, both of which seemed quite nice.

Several years ago... 2009, I think it was... we drove through the town of Pittsford, on the outskirts of the city along the Erie Canal, coming in from the NY Thruway and I-490.

Absolutely beautiful town. Maybe one of these years I'll get a chance to spend a little time there.

It's amazing how in our drum corps travels we spent so much time on thruways, parkways, turnpikes and missed out on Main Street USA.

In my Jr. corps days, we made a trip up to Fitchburg Mass., think it was Drums In the Night, just south of the New Hampshire border. The town was straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting.

Also had air you could breathe.

The day of the contest, they had a parade down Main Street, complete with the banner (Animal House Style) strung across the road. White picket fences, front porches, etc.

Sometimes it's refreshing to get out of the city and get a taste of the not so wound up lifestyle.

I grew up in Canandaigua, about 30 minutes south of Rochester in the Finger Lakes region. Western New York has it's beautiful spots. In fact, the word Canandaigua means "The Chosen Spot" in the local native american tongue. There is plenty of beauty to be had...just got to get out of the cities to find it.

Dan