Alliance Drum and Bugle Corps has declared to compete in Class A for the 2015 season! The decision to compete in Class A this year was not taken lightly, but the staff and administration are excited about the move and potential it brings to the drum corps. We just completed our "Super Camp" (four day camp) and it concluded with the performance of nearly 8 minutes worth of the show. This is a first for Alliance and we are very excited about the possibilities that this opens up for our corps as the season unfolds. We are very excited to be on track with doing our first full-run next weekend at the conclusion of camp!

Alliance's interim corps director, Jeffrey Peterson, was clear from the beginning of the season that he wanted to maintain Alliance's commitment to excellence and set the corps on a solid path for success. The corps has welcomed 69 members to its ranks (including two drum majors and two alternates) and has made key changes in its operation to give its members the best education and experience possible. Furthermore, the corps' administration is committed to giving as many performance opportunities as possible this year, including attending three DCA shows, a local DCI regional, a parade tour and a friends and family performance.

We hope that you will enjoy our program, "Sub-zero" this year, and I speak for all of us at Alliance when I say that we are excited to present it to you.

• Like 2

Wow... that certainly adds some juice to the Class A mix.

Looking forward to seeing you guys this summer!!!

• Like 1

uuuuhhhh, so let me get this straight Alliance, you have 2 alternates to keep the ranks at 65 to give them the best educational experience to the membership even though the members received the same educational experience coming in the top 10 last year in the open class. Weren't you in a 'solid path to success' last year?

As Fran said, that will certainly lend some juice to the class A.

BTW, all the other class A, and probably many open corps still have holes to fill.

See y'all in a couple weeks!

Weren't you in a 'solid path to success' last year?

I suppose 1st or 2nd in Class A may help better with future recruiting than 10th in Open Class?

I suppose 1st or 2nd in Class A may help better with future recruiting than 10th in Open Class?

Possibly. Still- One has to give real respect and appreciation to Alliance for making Open Finals last season in a manful way (If you're picky about the gender thing, womanful as well...) and I have to tip my cap to them.

The real thing to read into the statement is that they have 8 minutes of the show ready to run and that they're more prepared to go than in previous seasons. Everyone else in A had better keep runnin', run some more, and don't look back.

Possibly. Still- One has to give real respect and appreciation to Alliance for making Open Finals last season in a manful way (If you're picky about the gender thing, womanful as well...) and I have to tip my cap to them.

The real thing to read into the statement is that they have 8 minutes of the show ready to run and that they're more prepared to go than in previous seasons. Everyone else in A had better keep runnin', run some more, and don't look back.

I hear ya, W... they came a long way in a short period of time last season. And considering it was their first year back after their hiatus, the end result was great.

• Like 1

One has to give real respect and appreciation to Alliance for making Open Finals last season in a manful way ... and I have to tip my cap to them.

Absolutely. And it may prove very wise of them not to assume that reaching O.C. Finals in their first year back guaranteed that it would happen again and thus looking for a way they felt they could be sure to show some advancement (to potential members, to funders, etc.).

Furthermore, the corps' administration is committed to giving as many performance opportunities as possible this year, including attending three DCA shows, a local DCI regional, a parade tour and a friends and family performance.

Based on reading this the Corps is only doing 3 DCA shows 1 in NC and 2 in ATL. They do not mention DCA championships. While placement at finals may be a major factor in recruiting member for DCI corps, I believe geography and other factors are much more important in DCA recruiting. All the corps work hard to put a product on the field and I don't think any turn away good potential recruits to game the system