Furthermore, the corps' administration is committed to giving as many performance opportunities as possible this year, including attending three DCA shows, a local DCI regional, a parade tour and a friends and family performance.

Based on reading this the Corps is only doing 3 DCA shows 1 in NC and 2 in ATL. They do not mention DCA championships. While placement at finals may be a major factor in recruiting member for DCI corps, I believe geography and other factors are much more important in DCA recruiting. All the corps work hard to put a product on the field and I don't think any turn away good potential recruits to game the system

They do have DCA championship weekend listed on their website's calendar page.

I hope that they are there, I may have misread the posting. If they are there it will definitely make Class A more interesting.

Absolutely. And it may prove very wise of them not to assume that reaching O.C. Finals in their first year back guaranteed that it would happen again and thus looking for a way they felt they could be sure to show some advancement (to potential members, to funders, etc.).

there's also something to be said about going mano y mano while greatly undersized. if Alliance is going to be that much smaller than the top dogs, it's a smart decision to stay within the class for their size, and then program wisely for what they have, unlike too many A class corps that went open for pride, and got hammered being small and trying too much

• Like 3

I'm with you on that Jeff. If you don't have the horses you will never pull the cart.

Well, I really hoped their storming back into finals last year would have been enough to give them a fuller corps this year, but it sounds like they are trying something different for them. Let's face it, there are a great number of Open Class corps who are still trying to fill spots (and not just one or two). Only time will tell if they made the right decision by cutting off their numbers to fill up their corps faster, but kudos to them for trying something different. Of course, I am assuming that was their intention here...

Regardless, Class A got a lot more interesting with this announcement!