Online sheet music and exercises

freelancer7577

Just picking up a horn again after many years but having a hard time finding interesting music to play. Anyone know of good exercises in treble clef, medium skill level and above. "Free" would be good but willing to pay for high quality and quantity. THanks!!

I've got a brass manual

• 1 month later...

I have a wide range of exercises written by hand that I have yet to xfer to a digital format. I've been using the open-source MuseScore for this as an alternative to adobe audition. you can check out my Mixed Ensemble, Brass....I&E-type arrangements ....they let me post 5 at a time at no cost - here is "Salvation" for Sop1, 2, Middlehorn 1, 2, Bar 1, B2/Euph and Contra 1,2.

---->This arr. is optimized for playback so note that I didn't transpose anything - these are all for "voices in concert C"

I'm working on a comprehensive warmup that includes everything ...long tones, slurs, articulation, Clarke studies (in F, G, A, B & C + all articulation inversions), some traditional Jazz etudes, a 16th note exercise that works intervals & fingers, octaves, arpeggios, pedals, "Close Encounters" - "Mars" "MI" 9er2, Ctuning, "F" tuning, the "shotgun" chord progression, "ha's" bends (up & dn), chorales .....basically the whole she-bang....if you marched on the West Coast you'll recognize all. If not there will be plenty of reh. marks for learning purposes.

It should be done soon ....and I will post it for free on my site & MuseScore - this info was given to me gratis and therefore should be given to all students of all levels @same cost.

EDIT - v0 DRAFT of "Extended Hornline Warmup" with plenty of solos to dig into is live. Ill try to knock out several more classic warmups in v1 of this....mainly octave and arpeggio jumps, Clarkes, the 16th note etude, a std. Jazz etude and whatevr else is stuck in my head.

If you check out trumpetherald.com you will find lots of greedy spammers who will try to sell you this same thing.

I posted [on that forum] that my intention was to combine & develop knowledge from school, private lessons, college, drum corps and my many gracious hornline caption heads & teachers into one method book - and that I would publish it online for free. This got me banned from that forum. heh.....

I'll try to get those exercises and etudes up ASAP.

BUY Arban's and Rochut's if you haven't. I'll post plenty o' modern stuff....which I assure you, you needn't pay for. I take requests for solo transcriptions and arrangements.

In the meantime focus on more AIR less tongue repeat ad infinitum.

Edited by Tapper7