New DCI.org website

My response to the site is this; it is 2015. There is technology that could be utilized to make this a friendly website for phones, iPads, or what not. WGI even has a cell phone website. If this is "Music's Major League" the website does not portray this is any fashion. It is a generic boxed site that is dull, plain, and definitely not the way to get the new generation interested in drum corps. Every corps that competes on American soil, should be listed....PERIOD!

If there is going to be a price for providing streaming service, it should be about perfect. Last night was pitiful. I felt like I was watching Godzilla at times...(the movement on the video would stop, and the motions on the field kept going). The interviews with BD and SCV were a great touch, however video and audio were horribly off. There should be refunds offered or something because, the consumer is not what they are paying for. While the offer of the service is great, the service needs to match up. And it fails....miserably. Fix it DCI or DCI may be a thing of the past sooner than later............

• Like 1

I'm on iPhone 4S. Which OS?

I'm on ios6 (the last my 3gs will support).

This article suggests emailing the file to yourself and opening it as an email attachment. Maybe? There's some other discussion on there too about this.

Well, the response one gets is not from DCI but from Neulion (and it is "system generated")

- here's mine:

Dear Subscriber,

We are sorry to hear of the issues you are encountering. First please try clearing the cache and cookies from your web browser settings and see if you have the same issues. If that does not resolve the problem please ensure that you are up to date with all of your software. Please just verify by downloading the following:

Microsoft Internet Explorer:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

Adobe Flash Player:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

If these do not correct the problem, please try downloading and installing Google Chrome:
http://www.google.com/chrome

If you experience the same issues in Google Chrome please first try to lower the bit rate or quality level to see if this improves playback for you. If you have the same issues on the lowest quality level please try the following.

Right-click on the video screen, and you should be given a list of Flash related options.
Please select "Settings..." from the list of options presented.
Along the bottom of the 'Settings' box, you'll see some tabs...
Click the 3rd tab over to the right (looks like a file folder with green arrow on top) and move the slider bar to the right until higher than 100 KB (1 MB is the next option to the right)
Next, click the tab on the far left (looks like a monitor) and then uncheck the box that says "enable hardware acceleration". (if the box is unchecked already, try 'checking' the box).

Next, clear your browser cache and cookies and check for video improvement.

Please let us know if you continue to experience the same issues so we can help further troubleshoot your issue. Please also visit the two speed tests below and let us know what your download speeds are.

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest -- Select the New York target option as a baseline

http://speed.neulion.com:1855/nlspeedtest/

Thank you,
Neulion Support
------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your request.
Technical Support

Edited by ashevillemurphy

After suffering through the first couple of weeks on the new "and, err, improved" website, does anyone like the changes?

Two things I always used DCI.org for:

1) Schedule info. The previous format was much better. By the week, one click and all corps competing were listed. Easy link to show info. New schedule is a long list, one click on event details get you an annoying ad. Now when you select schedule by corps, you get the corps' schedule but no direct link to the show to let you know who they're competing against.

2) Fan Network. RIP! Though, when I was in Indy, a sales associate said at the DCI souvie stand that they are working on bringing some of the fan network archived shows back.

Also, loading time - via non mobile or not - is not hitting the mark.

DCI has lowered the content level and their achievement to the content leaves much to be desired!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

not a fan, but there's no alternative so, it is what it is