Indy "opening" contest

Now, Bloo was incredible for this early. I can't wait to see where this bold show goes.

Am I the only one who really enjoyed the Scouts?

• Like 2

Of course one judge with one sh!tty spread ruins it. I would have had Bloo over Cadets. Crown in 2nd. Their percussion was absolutely NOT 6th. That's absurd.

The judge that's been judging finals for the past 20 years? She's pretty competent.

My 2 cents:

Madison: I like this show but it gets kindof old. I felt like, "OK, I got it" 2/3 of the way through. Tuba feature was a "lack of clarity." Good solos, though.

Blue Stars: Someone posted a clip of the hornline playing in an arc a few weeks ago and I thought they sounded rough. Definitely sounded rough tonight. Show has design issues; waiting for a guy to hit a thing isn't the best closer.

Cavies: Ahhh I dunno if they have the hosses for this book, visually or musically. There's just so much exposed tonguing. The staccato got old, started sounding like an etude. One tuba at the end was way way out of the drill...I think if you're hoping to fight for a medal you can't have that at the first show. Guard seemed strong and very ATHLETIC.

Crown: Great great brass. The show overall was a lot better than it seemed from the bootleg videos. When the percussion feature ends and they just hit you with straight-ahead drum corps for a few minutes (the Verdi Requiem)...phew. Good stuff. Twisted sheet was never-wracking.

Cadets: I always want them to be perfect so I think I am always overly critical. I think they have a long way to go design-wise. French Horn part was SICK NASTY GOOD. Not a fan of the counting (is anyone?) Lo-res Periscopes hig a lot of dirt, they have a long summer of cleaning ahead (as always). Their ensemble sound approach is "interesting..." it seems to be to turn every instrument (pit, brass, battery) up to 10 and leave it there.

Bloo: "It's not Tilt 2!" Yea...well....anyhow TILT 2 is a great show. They've done what I've been hoping someone would do in terms of ensemble sound and electronics for the last few years. Horns--Holy Derek Gipson! Overall, pretty epic and I thought it might have beaten Cadets.

Prediction for the season: Cadets, BD, Crown and Coats will fight for the top three, I expect a lot of lead changes. It's gonna be a close, competitive season!

Am I the only one who really enjoyed the Scouts?

No!! I'm shocked with the general vibe I'm getting from others. I thought this show ROCKED. That said, I come from the percussion side of things, and it was very heavily equipped in that area. Lots of groove.

In other news, I saw the Cavaliers live feed the other day. This show was at least 90 seconds longer than it was a couple days ago. Lots of new material. They feel a little behind schedule... but I bet they take this show way up from where it is now. Plus camera missed a couple major GE tricks tonight. There's more there than what we saw tonight. (Applies to all corps)

• Like 1

The judge that's been judging finals for the past 20 years? She's pretty competent.

Right, but unless I'm mistaken, she has done it many times. Screwed over BAC a few years back, iirc. Or am I being trolled?

Edited by Zerix

No respect

For the scouts show based on that score.

I thought the Scouts are doing this for the entertainment of the fans, and they don't care about scores and placements?

Going to be an interesting season!!! I can see a lot of switching happening throughout the season. There are strengths and weaknesses happening it just going to be interested to see who rises to the occasion!!! Seeing the Context to the shows in the theater was much better than youtube or periscope. Crown, Cadets and Bluecoats are going to really push for those medal spots. Then Add in Blue Devils and Santa Clara.

Us the Fans are definitely in for a treat this season.