Indy "opening" contest

Okay, I'm not buying that spin story. Somehow I know this is tied into Marie Czapinski's plot to settle 30-year-old scores with corps even if they have no one left on staff that irritated her back in the 1980s. Besides I...

WHOA! Tune into CNN!! Wolf Blitzer is doing a Live Feed from in front of Lucas Oil with a banner headline: DAY 3... CROWN CRISIS: WILL THEY COME CLEAN??

OR WILL THEY COME AT ALL?????????

• Like 1

Okay, I'm not buying that spin story. Somehow I know this is tied into Marie Czapinski's plot to settle 30-year-old scores with corps even if they have no one left on staff that irritated her back in the 1980s. Besides I...

WHOA! Tune into CNN!! Wolf Blitzer is doing a Live Feed from in front of Lucas Oil with a banner headline: DAY 3... CROWN CRISIS: WILL THEY COME CLEAN??

The media was never supposed to know about this. I have to make a call. If that story airs....I don't want to say what happens next.

• Like 1

DCI has posted a news story about the cinemacast, including tweets from attendees.

Apparently Janina Gavankar, the actress and singer who collaborated with Jersey Surf on a music video in the off season, attended a screening. Which is particularly amusing because there was apparently a trivia question about that collaboration on the pre-show slides.

Cool...one of my former students, now in college, was in the story.

Marie calling a show all by her self...never seen that happen before! [/sarcasm]

Some may remember that incident at DCM, years ago, where a judge had scores predetermined and written down. So, I wouldn't put it 100% out of the realm of possibilities that some judges might already come to a show with their minds made up; however, they are probably better at hiding their thoughts than that judge was.

Some may remember that incident at DCM, years ago, where a judge had scores predetermined and written down. So, I wouldn't put it 100% out of the realm of possibilities that some judges might already come to a show with their minds made up; however, they are probably better at hiding their thoughts than that judge was.

Well in fairness, it was as you suggest a DCM judge, not a DCI judge, and he hadn't written down the scores for the show he was going to judge, he had written down the most recent scores those corps had received in their previous show, probably so he wouldn't jump or drop a corps 1.5 and get reamed out in critique. He was fired and never went on to judge for DCI.

BUT, anyway, this would never happen in 2015. Now DCI judges are tested on their ability to recite from memory the last three caption scores for every corps appearing in their show, so there are no embarrassing yellow slips of paper found on the field.

• Like 1

I was disappointed in our crowd in Austin, too. Last year people warmed up during the show and by Bluecoats were cheering every little effect. This year there wasn't even applause. C'mon guys - it's drum corps!

Mike

None of the corps (the people you are cheering for) can hear you clapping and cheering in the theater. I find it rather annoying to hear 4-5 people making so much noise in a small theater ... especially in the middle of a show.

Well in fairness, it was as you suggest a DCM judge, not a DCI judge, and he hadn't written down the scores for the show he was going to judge, he had written down the most recent scores those corps had received in their previous show, probably so he wouldn't jump or drop a corps 1.5 and get reamed out in critique. He was fired and never went on to judge for DCI.

BUT, anyway, this would never happen in 2015. Now DCI judges are tested on their ability to recite from memory the last three caption scores for every corps appearing in their show, so there are no embarrassing yellow slips of paper found on the field.

Edited by corps8294