2015 Uniforms (All Threads Now Merged HERE)

I just can't ever remember anyone saying...."I loved the show concept and perfmance but because of the uniforms they were wearing it just ruined it for me".

I hated the Carolina Crown "Grass is Greener" uniforms and that definitely put me off to their show overall. And there were a lot of things I really enjoyed in that musical book. But those uniforms? Blechhhh!!!!

Edited by seen-it-all
  • Like 2

What is "good" design. What is "bad" design? You're trying to attach labels to such subjective things.

I swear to God, this DCP comment is so vague, I'm tempted to start crying. I'm only half kidding.

Well, put a portfolio together, apply to an ad agency as an art director, and you'll learn real quick like.

I swear to God, Cappybara, that you probably have no design background in your resume.

If I presented that rainbow bar design at work for some kind of background, I'd be fired on the spot. And deservedly so.

Edited by atlvalet
  • Like 1

Was 83 their Hostess Cupcake look, if so I agree, it cost them finals

And I get it, Fly = clouds

And maybe one design choice I disagree with is not indicative of the direction of this year’s show...or maybe

I wouldn't wear it to the beach

The cupcakes were the 1985 Spanish show (Man of LaMancha etc) and it wasn't the unis that kept us out of finals. We finished 17th that year which is second only to '86 (21st place tie) as the lowest finish ever - not counting '75 which was their first season as a corps after the merger. But considering all that happened between '85 and '86 off the field, just fielding a competitive corps in '86 was an accomplishment.

The cupcakes were the 1985 Spanish show (Man of LaMancha etc) and it wasn't the unis that kept us out of finals. We finished 17th that year which is second only to '86 (21st place tie) as the lowest finish ever - not counting '75 which was their first season as a corps after the merger. But considering all that happened between '85 and '86 off the field, just fielding a competitive corps in '86 was an accomplishment.

I secretly loved the '85 show. Also dug '87 a lot too.

Could you? I'm genuinely curious.

I'm no elite costume/general design mind, but I'm in "wait until showtime" mode. If it helps the show, great. If not, it doesn't necessarily means the unis will hurt it.

If I was running a corps, I'd leave the show-centric costume designs toward the colorguard/drum major, but that's just me.

Sharp horizontals clash with undefined vertical; fringe. Fringe is uneven, attached at an angle, looks unbalanced, unsupported (clearly an after-thought), also interrupt cross logo (this will be even worse moving). Side unbalanced, horrible sense of weight, too much going on one side, nothing on the other, perhaps they’ll tip over? It will effect the way the body movement looks, one arm will look shorter. Color fade, way too blocked, uneven color shift makes less sense blocked then throw in the light shift in the back ground, ekk, add the sash it goes light to dark to light again, horrible for height, vertical line…and it’s on the weight heavy side too . Overall color scheme, very dated, it’s not a plus

they should ask for their money back

• Like 2

Well, put a portfolio together, apply to an ad agency as an art director, and you'll learn real quick like.

I swear to God, Cappybara, that you probably have no design background in your resume.

If I presented that rainbow bar design at work for some kind of background, I'd be fired on the spot. And deservedly so.

I have absolutely no interest applying to an agency as an art director. Nor do I claim to have a design background. I'm not the one here making baseless comments about what good and bad design is.

I have absolutely no interest applying to an agency as an art director. Nor do I claim to have a design background. I'm not the one here making baseless comments about what good and bad design is.

It all starts with the 3 types of Greek columns and then moves to the parthenon; a few basic principles that carry throughout

This, violates most of them and not in a good way

what I really want to say to boil it down I can't would you like a PM?

Edited by cowtown

It all starts with the 3 types of Greek columns and then moves to the parthenon; a few basic principles that carry throughout

This, violates most of them and not in a good way

what I really want to say to boil it down I can't would you like a PM?

I'd love one! I'm all for learning new things.

Ok. My comments have no basis lol.

I think you should go look through a few Communication Arts., Archive, maybe some One Show Design Annuals. You know, brush up on what good design is.

It's not like I am going to put a link to my design portfolio to try and prove some kind of design credentials in DCP.

But sufice it to say, you produce work like that in an ad agency and you won't be employeed for long. I think the design bar for uniform companies is much, much lower.