2015 Uniforms (All Threads Now Merged HERE)

I like Vanguard, but the white baldric and gold tassel make for a bit too much icing on an otherwise nice looking cake.

I mostly agree, but i like how it hides where the two halves of the uniform meet which i imagine might look weird. or not, idk.

But they've had the tassel since their redesign in 2013 for Les Mis and kept it for last year where they added the sash. I think they like it, and feeling it and looking at it up close at finals last year at the stanbury booth, i can't blame them.

But i do feel like since 2013 SCV has gone out of their way to make every inch of the uniform perfect, which can seem like overdoing it since there is a lot going on that is subtle, its more about texture than flash.

I mostly agree, but i like how it hides where the two halves of the uniform meet which i imagine might look weird. or not, idk.

But they've had the tassel since their redesign in 2013 for Les Mis and kept it for last year where they added the sash. I think they like it, and feeling it and looking at it up close at finals last year at the stanbury booth, i can't blame them.

But i do feel like since 2013 SCV has gone out of their way to make every inch of the uniform perfect, which can seem like overdoing it since there is a lot going on that is subtle, its more about texture than flash.

Great points!

1. Its a play on words because the show is the Spark of Invention. So, SCV are being very inventove this year.

2. The entire front looks very inventive in its use of the green, red, black, and white. The placement of buttons. The use of the sash. The sparkle on the black portion. It is an inventive uniform and one that is "vanguard" in every sense of the word.

Yes, I was referring to the way the guard uniform (in the first pic) in particular complements the show idea. The angular shapes and energetic colors convey mechanical movement without using more explicit machine shapes like gears.

Yes, I was referring to the way the guard uniform (in the first pic) in particular complements the show idea. The angular shapes and energetic colors convey mechanical movement without using more explicit machine shapes like gears.

Ah, that too! My favorite part of the uniforms for the non-guard is probably how they are clearly victorian era inspired uniforms without just being straight up victorian garb. I think that is mostly thanks to the sash and tassels. And they are pulling it off without seeming steampunkish.

What you are not seeing in this picture is the back of the jacket. It is also solid dark green a continuation of the shoulder color. The jacket has 2 dark green tails like a tuxedo jacket with red lining. Look closely at the right leg of the trumpet and snare drummer. You will see the edge of the tail.

If you have to sqiunt to see whether or not it's a skirt, the audience will do the same.