2015 Uniforms (All Threads Now Merged HERE)

Genesis's uniforms from Open class. Those are really simple, but for their Phantom of the Opera show, simply perfect. Those are sleek.

10612851_10153301553224961_2560408905717

Also I would not suggest looking up Gold's "uniform".

That's sharp! I'm looking forward to catching their rehearsal before the Cedarburg, Wi show on July 3.

Thanks Genesis for making the trip up to Wisconsin again.

Sorry/not sorry for derailing the world class forum with talk of an open class corps. Go Genesis!

Genesis's uniforms from Open class. Those are really simple, but for their Phantom of the Opera show, simply perfect. Those are sleek.

10612851_10153301553224961_2560408905717

Also I would not suggest looking up Gold's "uniform".

My dream would be for PR to wear a uniform of that style and perform a Phantom of the Opera show. Unfortunately that seems to be SCV's thing.

• Like 1

So my 3 favorite "new" uniforms (not that anyone cares, lol) is

Madison: That classic green over white is just, well...classic!

Santa Clara: The Red/Black/Green is just bad ###!

Genesis: The epitome of simple and sleek!

• Like 3

Being in the colorguard world for almost 20 yrs and designing uniforms for 13yrs. Looking at all his posts I'm still trying to figure out all of these teams/designs he is referring to that have male like skirts that are so androgynistic in shows nowadays since there are so many he is referring to!!! This is nothing new if a certain design has a skirt quality to the male uniform. That doesn't deem it less masculine, with fashion comes change from decade to decade as we explore different textures, fabrics and styles. The fabrics you see are not all 100% spandex a lot do have a spandex quality to give stretch ability and a lot of new fabrics are becoming more breathable. He would also have to ask himself what would classify a male uniform with having a skirt, as there are many types from a full skirt to 3/4 of a skirt to 1/2 a skirt to a strip. So in tale if all are classified as being a skirt quality then you would have a hell of a lot of teams that do from guard uniforms to Corps Uniforms. Which would deem it very normal nowadays.

Here is a collage of recent DCI male uniforms which have skirt-like elements. An enormous number. I'm saying there's a preponderance of skirt like elements to the exclusion of any other costume innovation and it's to the point of being preposterous. https://twitter.com/EdibleWaxLips/status/614516468340776960

• Like 1

Here is a collage of recent DCI male uniforms which have skirt-like elements. An enormous number. I'm saying there's a preponderance of skirt like elements to the exclusion of any other costume innovation and it's to the point of being preposterous. https://twitter.com/EdibleWaxLips/status/614516468340776960

obviously the cavaliers one is a jacket not a skirt. Plus you have corps uniforms so with that in tell. My point exactly, it is a very normal thing nowadays from guard to corps uniform. Just like I was explaining with each decade comes new styles, fabrics, textiles etc... Who the hell cares if there is a skirt like element to a uniform no body's gonna cry if you don't like it. Edited by Flguardman

Just when things got peaceful. *shrugs*

• Like 1

I see BAC titans show in this collage....but dude...that show was roman oriented...I can go on and on with other examples...get real!

british-roman-soldiers-men-dress.jpg

• Like 2

obviously the cavaliers one is a jacket not a skirt. Plus you have corps uniforms so with that in tell. My point exactly, it is a very normal thing nowadays from guard to corps uniform. Just like I was explaining with each decade comes new styles, fabrics, textiles etc... Who the hell cares if there is a skirt like element to a uniform no body's gonna cry if you don't like it.

Your logic is like a teen girl at prom. "It doesn't look like that and yes it does so who cares, no one cares about you!"

My. God.

Please describe the intention behind this absurd trend and why no one is talking about it. And why no designer can justify the trend as it relates to individual show design other than it's a trend in general. That's not good enough.

Edited by Brutus
  • Like 1

I see BAC titans show in this collage....but dude...that show was roman oriented...I can go on and on with other examples...get real

What is the historical accuracy behind the Tilt skirt. Please. Go on and on.