2016 Prediction Thread

Predictions...

SCV takes my show idea that i will be sending them, and medals with it. What is the show idea? Thats for me to know and you to not find out.

Crown does a show titled "A Second Chance, Again" and does not win, again. Needs more cowbell.

Cadets do a repeat of the Power of Ten until they win an 11th title, then their show will be the power of 11. Fun fact, i prefer the number 11 to the number 10.

Blue Devils understand that they cant three-peat, and because of that they do a show where everyone uses keytars andvelectric instruments. The activity is pushed forward, and allows Bluecoats to use these concepts in 2017.

Bluecoats try to get gold with a show about alchemy. It works! Apparently all it takes is to combine the right amount of silver and bronze. Take that Newton!

Blue Knights follow this year with another existentialist show. 2016..."why?" its a show about aristotelian metaphysics. The judges unfortunately are platonists and BK falls out of the top 12. In retrospect they find they should design shows by using the socratic method.

Phantom Regiment decides to go dark. Black uniforms. And they do a les mis show. Most might say they are late to the les mis party, and to them i say "correct"

Cavies switch it up. After a few years of aggressive manly shows, cavaliers do a copeland show. Why? Its been too long since we've had one.

Madison figures "why change whats working?" and go big on NYC. A show about building the Empire state building. Where they build a very large structure throughout the show. Dangerous? Yes. But cmon, dont you want to see a corps build a 30 foot high tower at LOS?

Boston continues its aggressive attitude it has gained over the last few years by doing a fight club show. I would tell you more about it, but ive already broken a couple rules.

Note, these are all jokes.

• Like 1

I predict the members on this forum will become even more facetious than the previous post.

• Like 1

I predict DCI folds. Seven corps form a group called Field Arts in Motion (FAIM), and they begin using lights, lasers, pop groups, bigger stages, huge sound systems, and occasional appearances by Taylor Swift. (I actually like Taylor so I'm just being funny here).

The rest of the corps form an association called LOUD (Live Outdoor Unplugged Drum Corps). They march with G bugles, percussion, fewer mallets, no amps, no mics, no electricity period. A modified tic system is implemented, a gun if fired at the beginning of the show and again at the end when judges are finished (45 seconds before the end of regulation time). Finals are in Madison, WI in 2016. So, who's coming?

woodwinds. Gotta have the woodwinds!

My show predictions for 2016 if all corps were to do a sequel:

Blue Devils - Dried Ink

Carolina Crown - Inferno 2: Back to Hell

Bluecoats - Potential Noise

Cadets - The Power of 69

Santa Clara Vanguard - Disassemble

Blue Knights - Why?

Phantom Regiment - The City of Rome

Cavaliers - Game Over. Restart?

Madison Scouts - Madison Scouts

Boston Crusaders - Conquered

Blue Stars - Cirque de Soleils

Crossmen - AboveR and BeyondER

Fixed it for you

I predict the members on this forum will become even more facetious than the previous post.

I am taking this as a compliment.

• Like 1

I predict a BD soprano player from 1984 will chime in and tell us BD has no need to change their consistent staff formula.

From what I've been observing; it looks like the hatred for the Blue Stars, from the Crossmen, is alive and well. I remember the stories of those two corps having a severe dislike for each other back in the late '70s. I hope the current marching members don't behave like that.

Here's hoping for a great 2016 from both organizations.