3/4. The Cadets or Carolina Crown

5. Blue Knights

6/7. SCV or Phantom Regiment

8. The Cavaliers

9. Madison Scouts

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Troopers

12. Colts

(OK, those last 2 choices were admittedly wishful thinking. I just want to see a couple of new faces in Finals this year.)

At this point in time, I think the only corps that has a legitimate shot at beating the Blue Devils is the Bluecoats. Maybe Cadets, but only if the new visual team can play their cards right. I love Crown, but their percussion isn't the best and has been a major anchor on the corps as of late. SCV and the Blue Knights just need better overall packages in order to be considered medal-worthy.

(DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with any of these corps, and I have only seen a few videos of a couple of the corps. So these predictions are based either last year's results or pure speculation.)

I agree but the one thing Bluecoats need to do is win an actual caption. They are pretty solid up and down but they need that one caption to maybe put them at that next level.

I agree but the one thing Bluecoats need to do is win an actual caption. They are pretty solid up and down but they need that one caption to maybe put them at that next level.

Percussion is the one I could see them winning, Jeff having them on top on finals night was pretty significant IMO.

Brass is almost at that level, they just need a little higher achievement and meat in their book and I could see them at least competing.

Guard has gone from a gigantic weakness to even with he other captions in 2 seasons, they're definitely pulling their weight now.

Other than that Visual Achievment and Visual GE are the only other 2. Visual Ensemble was extremely competitive later on in 2014 and 2015, and Music GE is up there with the best. I think their challenges are the following:

1) Continuing to develop the visual program, Vanderkloffs transformation of it in design has been remarkable, just needs to get there Achievment wise on an individual basis.

2) Like you said, start winning some captions. They're competitive, just need that little extra in guard and brass which will bleed into other captions.

3) Continue to be fresh and innovative, just don't get into a rut. I don't think Kinetic Noise was Tilt 2.0 like some people, but it was similar enough in ways that it could start to lose its sparkle if they are TOO similar. I say add some depth and not as vague, but without losing their new identity.

I don't think they're going anywhere from the top 5 anytime soon. Pre season speculation seemed to be they were a flash in the pan in 2014 last June, and they ended up in 3rd and A LOT closer to a title than 2014. They followed up a monumental season with one that was just as good in a far more competitive field. I'm not gonna predict them 1st until I see the show, but it's definitely in the conversation.

1. Crown
2. BD
3. Cadets
4. BCoats
5. SCV
6. BK
7. Cavies
8. Phantom
9. Crossmen
10.Madison
11. BAC

12. BStars

• Like 1

Cadets medaling? That's new around here.

I'm sure it's nothing personal, Screamer.

Agreed. Caption favorites, until proven otherwise is Crown, BD, Cadets. They are my top 3.

Agreed. Caption favorites, until proven otherwise is Crown, BD, Cadets. They are my top 3.

I do think that speaks to their across the board consistency and strength that they were able to medal two seasons in a row without winning any captions. We've had caption winners as low as 6th in recent seasons.

Edited by DrumManTx

• 2 weeks later...

Predictions and Reasons: Top 12

1) Blue Devils - After two stellar years with both older and younger membership and consistently above par design, there's no reason to believe that they'll slow down. It will take a lot to keep them from their first threepeat.

2) Cadets - With a little fire under them after their fall from top 3 last year, this corps will be itching to dethrone the Devs (assuming they settle in on a show idea).

3) Santa Clara Vanguard - The first major shakeup of the year, SCV has all the components to medal, particularly with some work revamping their brass. Another good design will be enough to land this corps a long overdue medal.

4) Carolina Crown - Taking a chance on Madea won't pan out as well as Inferno or E=mc^2, throwing them just out of medal contention. Stellar brass will prevent them from falling too far.

5) Phantom Regiment - Shake up number two, Regiment's work revamping their design and visual package, coupled with the talent draw they've been pulling, consistent brass package and still improving percussion and guard, will be enough to break their slump. They'll make a strong showing for their 60th.

6) Bluecoats - Bluecoats round out the last of the 3 major shakeups in the top 12. Tilt 3 fails to capture as Tilt 1 and 2 had and will gradually lead to a slow slip from top 5 over the course of the season.

7) Blue Knights - Another strong year and improving corps will be enough to keep them in the range of their tied best finish, but will not be enough to push them further up the ranks.

8) Madison Scouts - Consistent membership and a good show will be enough to once again see Madison edge out their Midwest all male counterparts.

9) Cavaliers - Internal corps issues have seemed to plague the Cavaliers in the past few years, and, with little sign of being resolved, the Cavies will see yet another lower finish.

10) Blue Stars - A bit of a toss up with Boston, Blue stars will be able to push past BC later in the season.

11) Boston Crusaders - A bit of a design rut will see BC stagnate around 10, 11.

12) Crossmen - A third strong showing will see Crossmen widen the gap between them and 13, for the time being, with hopes of them pushing deeper into finals.

Let me know what you think!

Edited by AnonymousAndCurious
  • Like 1

Predictions and Reasons: Top 12

1) Blue Devils - After two stellar years with both older and younger membership and consistently above par design, there's no reason to believe that they'll slow down. It will take a lot to keep them from their first threepeat.

2) Cadets - With a little fire under them after their fall from top 3 last year, this corps will be itching to dethrone the Devs (assuming they settle in on a show idea).

3) Santa Clara Vanguard - The first major shakeup of the year, SCV has all the components to medal, particularly with some work revamping their brass. Another good design will be enough to land this corps a long overdue medal.

4) Carolina Crown - Taking a chance on Madea won't pan out as well as Inferno or E=mc^2, throwing them just out of medal contention. Stellar brass will prevent them from falling too far.

5) Phantom Regiment - Shake up number two, Regiment's work revamping their design and visual package, coupled with the talent draw they've been pulling, consistent brass package and still improving percussion and guard, will be enough to break their slump. They'll make a strong showing for their 60th.

6) Bluecoats - Bluecoats round out the last of the 3 major shakeups in the top 12. Tilt 3 fails to capture as Tilt 1 and 2 had and will gradually lead to a slow slip from top 5 over the course of the season.

7) Blue Knights - Another strong year and improving corps will be enough to keep them in the range of their tied best finish, but will not be enough to push them further up the ranks.

8) Madison Scouts - Consistent membership and a good show will be enough to once again see Madison edge out their Midwest all male counterparts.

9) Cavaliers - Internal corps issues have seemed to plague the Cavaliers in the past few years, and, with little sign of being resolved, the Cavies will see yet another lower finish.

10) Blue Stars - A bit of a toss up with Boston, Blue stars will be able to push past BC later in the season.

11) Boston Crucaders - A bit of a design rut will see BC stagnate around 10, 11.

12) Crossmen - A third strong showing will see Crossmen widen the gap between them and 13, for the time being, with hopes of them pushing deeper into finals.

Let me know what you think!

Misspelled Crusaders, but otherwise I would love this list just for the fact of how exciting the season will be!