2016 Prediction Thread

Save for maybe the top three spots, who truly would be "safe?" With the previous year's top 6 settling into a vein of show design for the time being, a fresh design may be all the need to jump. As has been said, they've done an excellent job the past few years selling shows, arguably past where it would seem possible (e.g. 6th with a giant puppet and playing the crap out of the Organ Symphony). Who's to say what they could do if given a competitive show, seeing how close the top 5 were for a majority of last season?

Edited by AnonymousAndCurious

Here's my final top 12 with scores and captions...

1. Blue Devils-GE, Guard, Visual-99.05

2. Crown-Brass-98.6

3. Cadets-Percussion-98.1

4. Blue Knights-97.3

5. Bluecoats-96.5

6. SCV-94.35

7. Madison-92.8

8. Phantom-92.7

9. Boston-91.3

10. Cavaliers-89.025

11. Troopers-87.8

12. The Academy-86.9

WOW, that's quite the score for Blue Knights..... It's so crazy, but I'd be ecstatic if that happened! Still, I've gotta root for The Cavaliers to at least break 90 and maybe even 93. I'll get to see Madison early, so I'm looking forward to that. It would be something for them to break 92.8 again. They haven't done that since 1999 with their JCSS show. Got close with the Carmen project though. I like that you have both Troopers AND The Academy in finals.

Im going out on a major limb with my top six

1. Crown, Brass and Guard

2. Cadets, Drums

3. Bluecoats

4. BD

5. Blue Knights

6. SCV

7. Cavaliers

8. Boston

9. Madison

10. Phantom

11. Crossmen

12. Troopers

• Like 2

Here's my final top 12 with scores and captions...

1. Blue Devils-GE, Guard, Visual-99.05

2. Crown-Brass-98.6

3. Cadets-Percussion-98.1

4. Blue Knights-97.3

5. Bluecoats-96.5

6. SCV-94.35

7. Madison-92.8

8. Phantom-92.7

9. Boston-91.3

10. Cavaliers-89.025

11. Troopers-87.8

12. The Academy-86.9

Could be!

I think we are in for more of a shake up this year than the last few.

I'm just not gonna make one this year. Too many unknowns and no one has really given me any reason to drop them any (in last years top 12 at least). I think it's going to be a case of who improved more in 2016 over other corps. I just don't see a lot of reason to expect anyone to have a really bad year. Of course there will be flops and shows we expected to be better, but on the surface in terms of staff changes and shows, everyone seems incredibly solid.

That makes it really hard for me to make one objectively.

• Like 3

I'm just not gonna make one this year. Too many unknowns and no one has really given me any reason to drop them any (in last years top 12 at least). I think it's going to be a case of who improved more in 2016 over other corps. I just don't see a lot of reason to expect anyone to have a really bad year. Of course there will be flops and shows we expected to be better, but on the surface in terms of staff changes and shows, everyone seems incredibly solid.

I agree with the sentiment. I feel like the top 12 is getting increasingly crowded. There's a lot of solid talent straight through, and everyone seems to be improving. When you have corps like Phantom and the Cavaliers down in 9th place, corps that are arguably still powerhouses, it makes it hard to shake out a ranking.

So...do you think everyone is "getting better" or that the differences between corps are getting smaller?