5. Cadets

6. SCV

7. PR

8. Cavaliers

9. Blue Stars

10. Scouts

11. Xmen

12. BAC

i'm gonna stick with my May 2nd prediction!

I came into this thread because I needed someplace to put this thought, and I like the way you think.

I'm putting BK 3 or 4 if they can pull off this show. Oh, and I'll do Cadets, Crown, BD or BK, or vice-versa, then 'Coats...

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

I came into this thread because I needed someplace to put this thought, and I like the way you think.

I'm putting BK 3 or 4 if they can pull off this show.

Same here. People call me crazy but I guess we'll find out soon enough. After hearing the first couple of movements, I am almost 100% certain putting them 3rd

I'm putting BK 3 or 4 if they can pull off this show. Oh, and I'll do Cadets, Crown, BD or BK, or vice-versa, then 'Coats...

I have no rational reason for feeling BK will break into the medals this season. Just a feeling based on (a) what they've done recently and (b) the potential i see in the show.

As for them beating BD -- yeah it's probably really unlikely. BUT crazy things *do* happen and BD is overdue for a miss.

Guess.

1. Carolina Crown -Year 2 of New percussion staff brings title ,so close last year

2. Blue Devils - always the best on the game

3. Bluecoats -Heat of the day and Floyd with those electronics -YES!

4. Cadets -Maybe lower, Where is the innovation ? French horns , Black uniforms , Trombones ? Not the innovators they once were.

5. SCV -will be cleaner than Cadets.

6. Blue Knights -Keep that sound

7. Cavaliers -7th is not a bad place to be . except if you are the Cavaliers.

8. Phantom

9. Boston -Do well when playing familiar music -Man of Lamancha .

10. Crossmen -Heard the opener -WOW

11. Madison -Hopefully exciting .

12. Blue Stars - Better than the rest by a lot , Need to fix the Brass.

----------

13. Troopers -Please fix the uniforms . Worse than Madison's old lime green ones.

14. Oregon -Making a move.

15. PC - full tour ?

16. Academy -Like the direction .

17. Colts . slipping

17. Spirit - Hoping better design .toss up with Colts.

PC -- Full tour?

Can you elaborate? (PC newbie)

Stopped by Cavaliers last Saturday night to check in on them and see what they're doing. I have no idea how anyone else is shaping up, but this show, so far, anyway, is showing a much more cohesive design approach (and much more adult ideas) than the last few years. There's also a lot of full guard rifle work that, when clean, will help pull a lot of eyeballs in their direction, and a long (30, maybe 45 second) segment of the opener where the bass drums are the center of the battery contribution that should get drummers jazzed about where they're going, percussion-wise.

The show feels much more modern in approach than the last few years, but still recognizably Cavalier in terms of the visual writing. They had about 6 or 7 minutes of the show on the field, and what's there already looks cleaner and more polished than what they were showing at season opening last year. I'm not predicting anything, but wouldn't be surprised if this is a top 6, possibly top 5 show come the end of the season. In any case, it's a good re-set for a corps who badly needed one.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 3

Stopped by Cavaliers last Saturday night to check in on them and see what they're doing. I have no idea how anyone else is shaping up, but this show, so far, anyway, is showing a much more cohesive design approach (and much more adult ideas) than the last few years. There's also a lot of full guard rifle work that, when clean, will help pull a lot of eyeballs in their direction, and a long (30, maybe 45 second) segment of the opener where the bass drums are the center of the battery contribution that should get drummers jazzed about where they're going, percussion-wise.

The show feels much more modern in approach than the last few years, but still recognizably Cavalier in terms of the visual writing. They had about 6 or 7 minutes of the show on the field, and what's there already looks cleaner and more polished than what they were showing at season opening last year. I'm not predicting anything, but wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a top 6, possibly top 5 show come the end of the season. In any case, it's a good re-set for a corps who badly needed one.

This is the most excited I've been for a Cavies show since about 2011. Glad to hear the praise for their product on the field!

I'm not predicting anything, but wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a top 6, possibly top 5 show come the end of the season. In any case, it's a good re-set for a corps who badly needed one.

But you did just make a prediction. :doh:

• Like 2

" Never make predictions, especially about the future. "

Casey Stengel

• Like 1