2016 Prediction Thread

I am not a fan of BD. I am usually angry finals night because they win. But, like them or not, they are simply the best and most consistent corps and the ONLY corps with NO weaknesses. That is why they win all the time.

Yes... but the DCI system is tailor made for such a 1 corps dominance in DCI too. BD happens to be that 1 Corps.

Edited by BRASSO

A lot of the time people seem to equate "stronger programs" or "more GE" to programs that they like more.

I'm no GE judge, if I had to assess GE/stronger program among Crown, Bloo, and BD, I'd be totally lost.

Reminds me of someone's signature on DCP that says something along the lines of "GE ≠ your personal preference"

G.E. is the most subjective category, but they're all subjective in many ways.

It's just that the corps and the judges have agreed to share a certain subjectivity.

But 50 years from now, the things they've collectively decided to prefer might not be much admired at all.

In all the arts, in much of life, there are things that "everybody knows" to be true that everybody later thinks are nuts.

For all we know, the future could look back on the oft-derided opinions of, say, Channel3 as unappreciated statements of genius!

(And the signature you reference is Lance's.)

• Like 1

G.E. is the most subjective category, but they're all subjective in many ways.

It's just that the corps and the judges have agreed to share a certain subjectivity.

But 50 years from now, the things they've collectively decided to prefer might not be much admired at all.

In all the arts, in much of life, there are things that "everybody knows" to be true that everybody later thinks are nuts.

For all we know, the future could look back on the oft-derided opinions of, say, Channel3 as unappreciated statements of genius!

(And the signature you reference is Lance's.)

I still low-key think that guy is a bit of a genius, he just needs to work on his presentation :tounge2: I honestly do think he would do well as a designer (just not anything else, he doesn't seem like he works too well with others who don't share his thoughts)

Final Placements before the start of the season

1. Crown

2. BD

3. BK

4. Cadets

5. Bluecoats

6. SCV

7. BAC

8. Phantom

9. Madison

10. Bluestars

11. Cavaliers

12. Troopers

Crown will win Brass and Guard

BD will win Visual

BK will win General Effect

Save your laughter for later, I've heard everyone in the top 6 so far except for the Bluecoats

too soon to laugh...?

• Like 4

1. Carolina Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Cadets

4. Bluecoats

5. SCV

6. Cavaliers

7. Blue Knights

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Madison Scouts

10. Crossmen

11. Blue Stars

12. Academy

1. Blue Devils

2.Cadets

3.SCV

4.Bluecoats

5.Carolina Crown

6.Cavaliers

7.Madison Scouts

8.Blue Knights

9.Phantom Regiment

10.Crossmen

11.Academy

12.Blue Stars

1. Bluecoats

2. Blue Devils (less than .3 away from first)

3. Carolina Crown

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Blue Knights

6. Cadets

7. Cavaliers

8. Madison Scouts

9. Blue Stars

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Academy

12. Crossmen