2016 Prediction Thread

June preseason is the best month for homers because they all believe their favorite Corps is poised to move up several placement spots.

I'd be surprised if* Crown gets lower than 2nd, and I think they way ahead of the top 4 corps that I've seen, heard, or seen and heard.

I agree. They are in a great position. We will know a ton more in about 2 weeks. Frankly they and Cadets both seem ahead of their own normal progress this early in June. But Cadets have a brand new visual and Guard team which puts a ton of question marks in place for them. Crown is returning a lot of vets and the percussion side stability should really help. They will be tough. BD is also returning a ton of folks and obviously is always very very tough. Coats have a more traditional show this year, and a few more rookies so that will be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see the gap between the top 3 and or 4 and the remaining corps grow a little this year.

Should be a very entertaining season as well as a very competitive one.

Edited by George Dixon

June preseason is the best month for homers because they all believe their favorite Corps is poised to move up several placement spots.

It's like preseason NFL, all the playoff teams from the year before will play in and win the superbowl

• Like 1

It's like preseason NFL, all the playoff teams from the year before will play in and win the superbowl

Its sort of odd, but MLB, that has no salary cap, has FAR more parity each season with its teams that make the playoffs, than the NFL does regarding its parity with teams that make its playoffs... that has a salary cap.

Edited by BRASSO

I predict that the DCI judges will know the allegedly sealed recaps from the previous shows. I predict that it will mostly be the fans that will receive the biggest blackout effect from the 2016 newly instituted sealed recaps policy from DCI.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

I predict that the DCI judges will know the allegedly sealed recaps from the previous shows. I predict that it will mostly be the fans that will receive the biggest blackout effect from the 2016 newly instituted sealed recaps policy from DCI.

That would be damnn stupid and ruin the point of the new rule in my opinion

Well, a post-season analyzation of the nightly/progressive performance scores across all captions should be rather telling. I would think that wider jumps or discrepancies from night to night might indicate, in hindsight, that the new regimen is being practice and adhered. Progressions which are of a little/no change basis would tend to render a "hmmmmm...." verdict. I wish I were a full-blown statistical analyst...

Edited by HornTeacher

Fun as always. Reliable as always.

Yes, I simply copied an earlier post, added my own comments. My order is extremely similar. Thanks derbydawg for setting me

up with this.

1st: BD Thanks to a small child, they showed they can be at least a little emotional. They will need that

component to win this year. Judges may start calling them out where deserved.

2nd: Bluecoats Don't place this high until finals. Wow.

3rd: Crown Amazing, Still learning how to win come finals week.

4th: Cadets As good as last year. Need to become the innovators again.

5th: Blue Knights Judges actually put them where they belong. So refreshing and creative.

6th: Santa Clara Vanguard Very good. Not all captions firing. Behind on innovation.

7th: Madison This good all summer. Corps only gets better going into finals week. A few SCV scares.

8th: Boston Clips online look and sound great. Digging the show theme.

9th: Cavies Still don't have enough key people in place. Show theme has me worried. Seems bando, again.

10th: Phantom Just not willing to make needed changes. Usual talent didn't show up this year.

11th: Blue Stars Scare PR several times. Good staff changes. Mark Ford is really smart!

12th: Academy Have found their niche. Really entertaining and with quality.

13th: Troopers Again, so close. Great corps.

14th: Crossmen Really not a fan of last year's show. Really flat and not memorable. Original music is usually a yawn. Too bando.

15th: OC Show really caught fire last finals week. Improved talent all around.

16th: Mandarins Interesting show with more talent, especially perc and guard.

17th: Crest Better than 2015, but so are many above them.

18th: Colts Take a few hits from past staff issues

19th: Casades Picking up where last year left off.

20th: Genesis Fastest improving corps.

21st: Vanguard Cadets Better than last year.

22nd: BDB Good. Too much smoke and mirrors catches up to them (may happen to mother corps as well)

23nd: SOA While they may be making smart money decisions, design and teaching continue to really suffer because this is

where the old alumni have little to no modern day knowledge, as shown the past few years. .

24th: Spartans Great retention, clever show, well designed.

25th: Legends Their best year yet.

I like most of this and what I don't like still makes sense and I could easily see. Also with BS I think you mean Kevin Ford

Its sort of odd, but MLB, that has no salary cap, has FAR more parity each season with its teams that make the playoffs, than the NFL does regarding its parity with teams that make its playoffs... that has a salary cap.

Because the coaching and staff do not have a cap.

A mixture of bold predictions and a dash of homer-ism, here's my predictions:

1st: Bluecoats - It finally happens. They win GE and Percussion. Third in Brass. Third in Guard.

2nd: Blue Devils - Can't drop them out of the Top 2. You just can't, until they give you a reason to. They win Brass. Second in Guard. Third in GE.

3rd: Crown - Still not sold on their percussion, which will keep them from the title. They win Guard. Second in GE. Second in Brass.

4th: SCV - I'm a bit of a homer here, but I absolutely adore the run of shows SCV has been on since 2012. They come in second for Percussion.

5th: Cadets - A bit of a drop for a show whose design seems a little all over the place right now.

6th: Blue Knights - I don't see them breaking into the Top 5 yet, but their year is coming. They give Cadets a scare and are a fan favorite.

7th: Blue Stars - Their percussion finally gets its due, and a design team that has been hit or miss nails it this year. They come third in Percussion.

8th: Madison Scouts - Back and forth with Blue Stars all year long, but slightly less demand keeps them in eighth.

9th: Cavaliers - I hope this show surprises me. Until then, I can't see them hanging with the Top 8. Large gap between them and Madison.

10th: Boston Crusaders - Back and forth with Cavies all season long with a show theme that looks and sounds good so far.

11th: Phantom Regiment - I hope I'm wrong here; I just don't think they'll be able to take a step forward this year. Too many other groups getting better.

12th: Crossmen - By a comfortable margin, the last Finalist corps.

13th: Academy - I'm choosing Academy as a dark horse to place higher than most think they will.

14th: Colts - They could end up pushing for a Finals spot, but I don't know enough to justify putting them higher than this. I hope they do!

15th: BDB - Blue Devils get their second group a step closer to Finals night. It will happen by the end of the decade.

16th: Pacific Crest - Like Colts, I could see this group being a lot higher OR a lot lower come Semi-Finals night. This is a good balance of the two.

17th: Troopers - Sorry, but this year looks like a major step back from a group that historically has been among my favorites. Those uniforms. Yuck.

18th: Oregon Crusaders - They're getting there, but still a long way to go in order to beat out entrenched names above them.

19th: Spirit of Atlanta - Not sure what's going on with this organization. I really hope they bounce back soon.

20th: Mandarins - The last corps I really feel comfortable predicting anything about.