2016 Prediction Thread

I agree. They are in a great position. We will know a ton more in about 2 weeks. Frankly they and Cadets both seem ahead of their own normal progress this early in June. But Cadets have a brand new visual and Guard team which puts a ton of question marks in place for them. Crown is returning a lot of vets and the percussion side stability should really help. They will be tough. BD is also returning a ton of folks and obviously is always very very tough. Coats have a more traditional show this year, and a few more rookies so that will be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see the gap between the top 3 and or 4 and the remaining corps grow a little this year.

Should be a very entertaining season as well as a very competitive one.

BD won with rookies last year. Crown came in 5th in 2014 after winning 2013 and I'm sure they had a strong winter in 2014. Cadets came in 4th last year with a huge vet corps. It will be best design with solid captions as always. I don't see Crown having more strength than Cadets. If anything, Cadets guard was 2nd? in 2014 and Crown's percussion has been improving but rankings have been consistently 5th as everyone ahead of them continues to strengthen their programs.

IF anything, BD and Bloo are the 2 corps that have medaled the two past consecutive years. (BD winning both).

Looking forward to 2016, Cadets have focused on their "weaker" areas this winter and Crown has been doing the same thing. If they both are successful, it will be a very very tight season because they're the only 2 corps thus far that have topped BD in their occasional "off" year.

SO lots of variables. Oh, throw in SCV and a surging BK into the mix.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 2

Since Crown broke into medal contention I think they are 5-2 vs the Cadets at finals.

um...

yeah and essentially both corps are grasping for BD crumbs

each winning 1 time while BD has notched, what, 7 or 8 championships???

I personally think both Cadets & Crown are "grasping" a little concept-wise and taking risks to try and beat BD the odd year

Meanwhile BD continues to fire zingers and finish first most years and 2nd the odd year

Probably why both Crown and Cadets have had the 4th and 5th placed "design misfires" the past few years

I'd say they (Cadets/Crown) are pretty equally matched, especially recently (1-1 the past 2 seasons for example), with Crown having the edge in edge in Guard and Cadets having the edge in percussion

This season coming up I personally give a strong edge to Crown due to stability in staff and Cadets "rolling the dice" on new designers and visual teams. But don't count Cadets out with wicked strong brass and drum lines for 2016

Crown has become a great competitor to Cadets & BD. Great for the activity AND the fans.

• Like 1

BD won with rookies last year. Crown came in 5th in 2014 after winning 2013 and I'm sure they had a strong winter in 2014. Cadets came in 4th last year with a huge vet corps. It will be best design with solid captions as always. I don't see Crown having more strength than Cadets. If anything, Cadets guard was 2nd? in 2014 and Crown's percussion has been improving but rankings have been consistently 5th as everyone ahead of them continues to strengthen their programs.

IF anything, BD and Bloo are the 2 corps that have medaled the two past consecutive years. (BD winning both).

Looking forward to 2016, Cadets have focused on their "weaker" areas this winter and Crown has been doing the same thing. If they both are successful, it will be a very very tight season because they're the only 2 corps thus far that have topped BD in their occasional "off" year.

SO lots of variables. Oh, throw in SCV and a surging BK into the mix.

Absolutely. Read this after making very similar points (a post above).

BD is on a wicked run with Cadets and Crown snagging 1 championship while BD has filled their mantle several times over

The design team could align and put Cadets in a great place this season, brass and percussion will both be wicked strong once again for sure

• Like 1

Rookies to the entire drum & bugle corps activity? Or rookies to BD?

To them but that's a great point. Rookies that marched other WC corps so...

To them but that's a great point. Rookies that marched other WC corps so...

frankly similar to Cadets & Crown - they have kids from other WC corps, vets and BOA / music or dance major ringers

frankly similar to Cadets & Crown - they have kids from other WC corps, vets and BOA / music or dance major ringers

And Cadets get kids from C2 that are Cadet ready when they come in which is huge.
  • Like 1

um...

yeah and essentially both corps are grasping for BD crumbs

each winning 1 time while BD has notched, what, 7 or 8 championships???

I personally think both Cadets & Crown are "grasping" a little concept-wise and taking risks to try and beat BD the odd year

Meanwhile BD continues to fire zingers and finish first most years and 2nd the odd year

Probably why both Crown and Cadets have had the 4th and 5th placed "design misfires" the past few years

I'd say they (Cadets/Crown) are pretty equally matched, especially recently (1-1 the past 2 seasons for example), with Crown having the edge in edge in Guard and Cadets having the edge in percussion

This season coming up I personally give a strong edge to Crown due to stability in staff and Cadets "rolling the dice" on new designers and visual teams. But don't count Cadets out with wicked strong brass and drum lines for 2016

Crown has become a great competitor to Cadets & BD. Great for the activity AND the fans.

don't disagree about BD but I still think that (since they've been contenders) Crown had been frustrating Cadets fans more often than vice versa. just ask Tekk :-)