6. Blue Knights - ...I said so

7. Phantom - Municipality of Darkness

8. Madison - 79th and Madison

9. Cavaliers - Halftime

10 Boston - Spoils of Victory

11 Blue Stars - Bob

12 Crossmen - Below and Within

:spitting::muahaha::muahaha::muahaha:

From what I've been observing; it looks like the hatred for the Blue Stars, from the Crossmen, is alive and well. I remember the stories of those two corps having a severe dislike for each other back in the late '70s. I hope the current marching members don't behave like that.

Here's hoping for a great 2016 from both organizations.

Never heard about this at all and doubt it is true. On a more personal level, I was cut from the crossmen hornline in 08. They gave me useful information that I carried with me on tour later that summer, & I never thought once about hating their organization. Most current unfriendly rivalries only exist within corps parents and fans.. And in the mind of that one cadet who decided to put something stupid on his shoe last year.

My prediction...Blue Devils win 1st place from 2016 - 2028

By which time it will be known as Blucas Oil Stadium in Indevilapolis, Ingibbsana. After the victory celebration for win #30, a young couple named Brandon and Clara, also directors of BDD and BDE respectively, will have their wedding right there on Diablo field.

• Like 4

Who told you that? I remember no conflict between the two corps in the late 70s.

I marched until '78. We barely thought about the Blue Stars because we didn't face them too often. The more active rivalries were with "closer" corps like the Muchachos and Bridgemen.

I didn't see that previously, but it didn't strike me as "hate" some much as competitive "trash talk". If you heard it at a football game, you wouldn't blink an eye.

Trash talk isn't necessarily about "hate". Just a little over-the-top enthusiasm that would have targeted whoever was in the 11th slot. Nothing personal on the Blue Stars.

There's only one crossmen alum that hated stars but I think he hates everyone because comments about a group means they are haters :whistle:

I don't hate the crossmen but I didn't like the show design. Did they do a great job with what they had? Absolutely. Is it some design I want to see them follow every year? Nope. But some groups find their niche and have great success (Spirit with the 3 good years they had in a row)

I hope stars go away from dissonance so I predict a happier show. Those shows haven't done as well but I like the fact they have something different every year.

Edited by BlueStainGlass

Thought they were the feeder Corps..

INT is unique in that it is a feeder to itself. They decided at inception to make that concession stand.

• Like 1

From what I've been observing; it looks like the hatred for the Blue Stars, from the Crossmen, is alive and well. I remember the stories of those two corps having a severe dislike for each other back in the late '70s. I hope the current marching members don't behave like that.

Here's hoping for a great 2016 from both organizations.

Being intimately involved with one of those organizations, I find this post to be little more than an attempt to stir a non-existent pot. Any time two organizations are in close competitive proximity, there is bound to be some tension. But watching friends from the two corps hang out in the lot after finals certainly gave no impression of animosity, let alone "hatred". That's a pretty strong word to throw out there. You would think there had been an old school rumble or something. These members all know they are all doing variations of the exact same summer, across all corps. They respect one another for their effort. Maybe we should do the same and leave the drama for some other area.

• Like 1