2016 Prediction Thread

Indeed you are correct. I guess the real question is - is that ever going to happen?

Not sure. The System Blue empire is going to remain strong for a while. You can bet that the current staff at BD are already training people to take over once they retire. The excellence at BD is probably not going to die, other corps will just need to elevate up to their level.

Indeed you are correct. I guess the real question is - is that ever going to happen?

I honestly don't think so. BD knows how to win plain and simple. People screamed we need new judges. We got some new ones this year. BD still won. Some are waiting for BD's staff to retire thinking BD will fall thru the floor. Sorry still won't happen. I can't see an organization that has dominated for nearly 40 years just throwing the towel in after the current staff moves on. BD has to have the future staff already in place being groomed and mentored by the current staff. BD doesn't replace. They reload. Will Crown win another title? Of course they will. Bluecoats will get their first too. You know Cadets will get theirs. And SCV will be there as well. But its the consistency that BD has. And honestly i think it motivates BD when they take silver. 08, 11, and 13 was silvers for BD. What happened the next season following each of those years? Undefeated seasons.

• Like 1

Just came across something...

Apparently, scholars have discovered a previously unknown group of poetic creations from Michel de Nostradamus, the 16th century mystic. Upon reading the english translation supplied with the new discovery, I can't help but feel that this Mystic, incredible though it may seem, somehow envisioned not only the creation of what we know of as "DCI", but supposedly foresaw the results of the 2016 Finals as well. I shall leave it up to you to judge....and if anyone here desires to blame me for all of this, then I kindly say --- these are not my words --- they are of the Mystic's. :smile:

Presage

In year of double score, less four,

And eighth month; place of name redundant.

Some bear witness; while ghosts, adore;

Musicus and form, resplendent.

Armies sans deception vie,

Verdant carpet meet their feet.

Old voice from the man-made sky,

“Un a douze, their fates complete.”

Divine Creative Interest hallows,

Sacred placement, last to first;

Of the twelve the record follows,

Quenching planetary thirst.

*******************************************************************************************************

Swift as Philip’s galleons sank,

As most bemoaned the human loss.

Yet sweetest of the wines, they drank,

To blessed bones of Maltese Cross.

Sons of SOYEN, with spirit rejoice!

(And waken him from heavenly slumber) .

Of judge divine, you leave no choice,

But affirm, as placement, your sacred number.

Oh Gemini, twins of different skin!

Hotly state “Mad is the Sun!”

And share thy edict here within,

“Ye Shall Traverse Your World As One.”

To Red and Black of Freedom’s town,

Whose inspiration lives Gigantic:

Procession, though through up and down,

Here you rest, devoid of antic.

Classic, phantom bearing be,

And that of any Regal grand:

Trevails shall follow, you shall see;

And overcome them, here you stand.

The Cavalry will seek with will,

Excellence they most respect.

And here, the gentilhomme and fille,

Will place, no feelings circumspect.

From high, the craggy heights they come,

The speckled form denotes their name.

With voice of that which echoes grand,

“Though Templar not, we rank the same!!”

Through tone, unnatural, you’ll be

Rendered after final test,

The bluest of your coats shall be,

Not of the least…nor of the best.

Upon thy head, your laurels rest,

Metallic though by which you’re known;

It may be said (and to the best):

Your future lies on skins unsown.

Faithful of Asissi, named,

Status it shall be your stead;

Upon the talent most untamed,

Shall come resulting bronzened head.

St. George’s minions, though of simple youth,

Upon your shoulders, venerated name.

It is of you to be of least uncouth,

And carry on the banner – “Holy Name.”

(Since the above is the only quatrain of iambic pentameter, it is my interpretation that the ancient Mystic erroneously foresaw the 2015 program for this group. If any take issue with this…then bring it up with the Mystic.)

Frightful Demons of azure hue,

Your efforts shall be undeterred.

Bejeweled circlet you’ll accrue,

Thrice consecrated, and conferred.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

Just came across something...

Apparently, scholars have discovered a previously unknown group of poetic creations from Michel de Nostradamus, the 16th century mystic. Upon reading the english translation supplied with the new discovery, I can't help but feel that this Mystic, incredible though it may seem, somehow envisioned not only the creation of what we know of as "DCI", but supposedly foresaw the results of the 2016 Finals as well. I shall leave it up to you to judge....and if anyone here desires to blame me for all of this, then I kindly say --- these are not my words --- they are of the Mystic's. :smile:

Presage

In year of double score, less four,

And eighth month; place of name redundant.

Some bear witness; while ghosts, adore;

Musicus and form, resplendent.

Armies sans deception vie,

Verdant carpet meet their feet.

Old voice from the man-made sky,

“Un a douze, their fates complete.”

Divine Creative Interest hallows,

Sacred placement, last to first;

Of the twelve the record follows,

Quenching planetary thirst.

*******************************************************************************************************

Swift as Philip’s galleons sank,

As most bemoaned the human loss.

Yet sweetest of the wines, they drank,

To blessed bones of Maltese Cross.

Sons of SOYEN, with spirit rejoice!

(And waken him from heavenly slumber) .

Of judge divine, you leave no choice,

But affirm, as placement, your sacred number.

Oh Gemini, twins of different skin!

Hotly state “Mad is the Sun!”

And share thy edict here within,

“Ye Shall Traverse Your World As One.”

To Red and Black of Freedom’s town,

Whose inspiration lives Gigantic:

Procession, though through up and down,

Here you rest, devoid of antic.

Classic, phantom bearing be,

And that of any Regal grand:

Trevails shall follow, you shall see;

And overcome them, here you stand.

The Cavalry will seek with will,

Excellence they most respect.

And here, the gentilhomme and fille,

Will place, no feelings circumspect.

From high, the craggy heights they come,

The speckled form denotes their name.

With voice of that which echoes grand,

“Though Templar not, we rank the same!!”

Through tone, unnatural, you’ll be

Rendered after final test,

The bluest of your coats shall be,

Not of the least…nor of the best.

Upon thy head, your laurels rest,

Metallic though by which you’re known;

It may be said (and to the best):

Your future lies on skins unsown.

Faithful of Asissi, named,

Status it shall be your stead;

Upon the talent most untamed,

Shall come resulting bronzened head.

St. George’s minions, though of simple youth,

Upon your shoulders, venerated name.

It is of you to be of least uncouth,

And carry on the banner – “Holy Name.”

(Since the above is the only quatrain of iambic pentameter, it is my interpretation that the ancient Mystic erroneously foresaw the 2015 program for this group. If any take issue with this…then bring it up with the Mystic.)

Frightful Demons of azure hue,

Your efforts shall be undeterred.

Bejeweled circlet you’ll accrue,

Thrice consecrated, you are conferred.

" the gods too are fond of a joke "

Aristotle

Oh, well...

They stepped up this year IMO.

I assume you mean other corps stepped up. Yes they did. Many in fact. But it wasn't enough to take down the Devils. I'd really, really REALLY like to see another organization or two step up to the no-weaknesses kind of consistency and quality of BD. They need some competition up there in that rare air they breathe!! IMO it would propel the activity even more forward.

With all this fresh, new interest in drum corps, who knows? I think everyone would agree that based on numbers, the activity appears to be in a growth phase.

I'll go out on a limb and say, since it is the prediction thread, that it could happen. Cadets, Coats, Crown - the alliterative triumvirate who perpetually chase the Blue Devils - all could take down BD next year!

Edited by luv4corps

I assume you mean other corps stepped up. Yes they did. Many in fact. But it wasn't enough to take down the Devils. I'd really, really REALLY like to see another organization or two step up to the no-weaknesses kind of consistency and quality of BD. They need some competition up there in that rare air they breathe!! IMO it would propel the activity even more forward.

With all this fresh, new interest in drum corps, who knows? I think everyone would agree that based on numbers, the activity appears to be in a growth phase.

I'll go out on a limb and say, since it is the prediction thread, that it could happen. Cadets, Coats, Crown - the alliterative triumvirate who perpetually chase the Blue Devils - all could take down BD next year!

Ehh. It'd be nice. Don't get me wrong, I have LOVED seeing the Bluecoats rise up into the elites these past two years and medal.

But, that's not what I think about first. Sure the members feel the same way. Don't know how many times I have gone back to 2013s "City Life" segment, one of my favorite individual selections ever in DCI. I don't know how many times I have watched the Bluecoats 2014 clip on DCIs youtube channel of the pitch bend and the crowd going nuts. Don't know how many times I have gone back to listen to that amazing ballad from last year. Don't know how many times I have gone back to this years amazing moments in the opener, middle, ballad, and closer. I keep thinking about how cool it'd be if they'd do a minimalist art inspired show paired with the AMAZING groovy fun minimalist music thing Thrower and Rarick have going.

THEN I think about scores. I stopped caring as much about scores this year, and it has made it a lot of fun. It's fun to watch the competitive aspect and try to pick who will be where, ect. But that's after everything else.