2016 Prediction Thread

Hmmm. I like the direction BK is moving BUT it will take a few seasons with success of 2015 to attract the MM talent to be able to perform a show that medals. Of course, then you have the burden on the design team to come up with a design concept to knock off a few in the top five. Bluecoats have done this recently moving ahead of Cadets and SCV and almost beating Crown last year because of their talented MMs combined with a design team that found a very nice niche.

• Like 1

Blue Knights change of direction in 2014 was really refreshing, I hope they keep it up. My thoughts are:

While there have been corps that start to get close to breaking in, in recent years, they never seem to have that maturity and presence of the big dogs. IMO Blue Knights started to have that last year, the incredible lushness and balance of their brass combined with some incredibly unique and tasteful battery writing made them sound incredibly mature and like they had been doing that for years last year.

I feel like it's getting there design wise, but what can they do to add just a little more depth and layers to their program? I still can't decide if last seasons show was really deep and has something there I still haven't quite found, or if it's totally face value. I really liked whatever it was regardless. I feel like they're close in that respect.

Keep doing what they're doing, just hope it's not TOO similar to 2014 and 2015. 2015 definitely did, and if I remember correctly was explained as a kind of part 2 or spiritual successor to 2014s show. I think they were incredibly clever in 2015 by throwing the normal show formula in the trash and really played with how long it is before that first big moment and the way they built to moments.

Feel like they could step up in guard/visual performance. In 2014 that really peaked out in the last week and a half or so and in 2015 it was definitely their biggest deficit to the top 5. Over a point in visual compared to within .5 or so in GE and Music.

Regardless they are INCREDIBLY refreshing in what they're doing, kinda like Bluecoats for me, they're a breath of fresh air when it seems like you see the same formula in 15 or more shows. If they have another solid year in 2016, I'd definitely see making that prediction for coming years.

Prediction wise I don't see why they couldn't at least maintain their 6th position, though last year I'd argue in the 6 below them 1 had a really good season, 2 had similar/same placement and/or performance to 2014, and 3 had down years. I wouldn't be surprised if that changes in 2016.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

so what's going on in BK land that makes you think they will leap frog Cadets, BD, Crown & Bluecoats in the brass department? Huge talent? Just curious - loving BK the past few years but that would be quite the bold move... Frankly - I hope it happens. SO - what makes you say this? I'm very curious..

Let's just say that the music choices have me thinking this is their season

• Like 1

Let's just say that the music choices have me thinking this is their season

Glad you like their music choices. Now it has to be executed well and liked by the judges. And don't forget the other sections executing well and being liked by the judges. No one knows what the visuals will be like and all the potential points they offer. Sixth place was a great result last year, but they were two points behind 5th, even before you talk about the top four, and how many of those top five corps are going to take this year off? Then you at least have to be concerned of PR who finished close by in 7th.

The DCP silly season has rounded first base.

I foresaw the top 12 looking similar to;

1.Cadets

2.Blue Devils

3.Carolina Crown

4.Bluecoats

5.Blue Knights

6.Santa Clara Vanguard

7.Cavaliers

8.Phantom Regiment

9.Boston Crusaders

10.Madison Scouts

11.Crossmen

12.Colts

The top five will be full of Blue :D

Edited by Screamer
  • Like 1

I foresaw the top 12 looking similar to;

1.Cadets

2.Blue Devils

3.Carolina Crown

4.Bluecoats

5.Blue Knights

6.Santa Clara Vanguard

7.Cavaliers

8.Phantom Regiment

9.Boston Crusaders

10.Madison Scouts

11.Crossmen

12.Colts

The top five will be full of Blue :D

I have a hard time putting the Cavaliers ahead of Madison or Phantom based on recent seasons. But I do like a move up in placement from Bones. A year of experience doing all the arranging for Markworth should help them out tremendously.

Glad you like their music choices. Now it has to be executed well and liked by the judges. And don't forget the other sections executing well and being liked by the judges. No one knows what the visuals will be like and all the potential points they offer. Sixth place was a great result last year, but they were two points behind 5th, even before you talk about the top four, and how many of those top five corps are going to take this year off? Then you at least have to be concerned of PR who finished close by in 7th.

The DCP silly season has rounded first base.

Hence the "bold" in my bold prediction

I predict that the season will open as per schedule...and conclude as per schedule.