2016 Prediction Thread

After what I've heard from corps so far this winter/early spring season I'm revising my predictions:

1) Cadets

2) Carolina Crown

3) Blue Devils

4) Bluecoats

5) Blue Knights

6) Phantom Regiment

7) Santa Clara Vanguard

8) Madison Scouts

9) Cavaliers

10) Boston Crusaders

11) Blue Stars

12) Crossmen

13) Troopers / Spirit of Atlanta (can't decide, but leaning slightly towards Troopers. Depends on their first few shows)

14) Troopers / Spirit of Atlanta (can't decide, but leaning slightly towards Spirit of Atlanta. Depends on their first few shows)

15) Colts

16) Academy

17) Oregon Crusaders

18) Mandarins

Agreed. Great things artistically coming from Cadetland and they had record number audition this winter. Haven't been this excited for their show in years. Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

I predict that we will have at least three absolutely incredible shows... I don't see how Devs could go wrong with this show, and The Cadets and Crown look HOT. Haven't heard anything from Bloo yet, and I'll have to wait and see with SCV. But still... I'm so glad I'm coming to Finals this year!

1. BD

2. Crown

3. BK

4. Cadets

5. Coats

6. SCV

7. Phantom

8. BAC

9. Cavies

10 Madison Scouts

11.Stars

12. Crossmen

13. Academy

14. Troopers

15. Mandarins

16. Colts

17. PC/OC/Spirit

Can't really decide yet for the other groups.

Would love responses!

*At first I forgot about the Scouts, oops!! This is my edited "prediction".

Edited by ilovecheese
  • Like 1

Has BD ever come in 4th?

1973 - 24th

1974 - 9th

1987 - 4th

1989 - 4th

1990 - 4th

1991 - 5th

1992 - 4th

1993 - 4th

2005 - 4th

Yes, it doesn't happen often. I think some people are predicting them in 4th because it's often common to want a giant to fall; and if you're a fan of a non-top 4 corps and you want your group to move up, then someone is going to have to take a fall.

I'd say the Lowest average placements for the Blue Devils (not counting their early years) was between 1987 and 1993. They went 7 years with NO 1st place and NO 2nd place. Only one 3rd place (1988, a year that many of us thought they would win with ease), and the rest were 4th place shows with one 5th in 1991.

Then Star of Indiana left drum corps and BD picked up their marching/visual instructor, Todd Ryan, and that's all she wrote. Visual Ex would become a staple of excellence every year for them. In all fairness, they also had to ramp-up the percussion program from what they had between 87 and 93.

With that whole BD x Cadets Tv show I foresee BD and Cadets in the top 3.

https://imgflip.com/i/13n9j1

Is that still a thing? I had forgotten totally about the DCI "Reality Show."

1. BD

2. Crown

3. BK

4. Cadets

5. Coats

6. SCV

7. Phantom

8. BAC

9. Cavies

10. Stars

11. Crossmen

12. Academy

13. Troopers

14. Mandarins

15. Colts

16. PC/OC/Spirit

Would love responses!

The Academy at the end of the 2007 season was a Corps that I was pretty sure was going to be breaking into the Top 12 soon, and performing on Finals Night for several years. They had just come off that 2007 season finishing 13th in the Semi's... just missed making Finals by a mere point. Academy topped Blue Stars, Madison Scouts, Crossmen in the Semi's that season too. I thought they were on their way. But it didn't happen... for whatever reasons. ( just shows us how difficult it is for new Corps to break that ceiling and get into Finals ). In the following seasons since 2007, they have not attained in placements what they attained in 2007. But there has been a few years where I have really loved their shows, despite this. if you believe they might have the Corps this year to break into the Top 12, that would be great to see a " new face " to the Top 12 like them do so, imo... I watched a tape earlier today of the Troopers at a recent practice. Its hard to gauge much off a brief music clip, but wow, they sure sounded good to me on this music clip. I guess the battle for the last spot or 2 for a Finalist spot will be as competitive as ever. Each year now, Corps that just miss Finals by a nose, are Corps that not that long ago would have been a lock to make Finals with the show, the talent, the performances they display come Championships week.

1. BD

2. Crown

3. BK

4. Cadets

5. Coats

6. SCV

7. Phantom

8. BAC

9. Cavies

10. Stars

11. Crossmen

12. Academy

13. Troopers

14. Mandarins

15. Colts

16. PC/OC/Spirit

Would love responses!

Madison?

1. BD

2. Crown

3. BK

4. Cadets

5. Coats

6. SCV

7. Phantom

8. BAC

9. Cavies

10. Stars

11. Crossmen

12. Academy

13. Troopers

14. Mandarins

15. Colts

16. PC/OC/Spirit

Would love responses!

So Scouts are dropping out of the top 15??