2016 Prediction Thread

Phantom returns to their beloved subject matter, marching to a literary homage to Hemingway's "Death In The Afternoon."

The choice, while appealing, loses GE points throughout the season when literary-based judges point out that "Most shows -- even Championships -- are at night."

Death loses out yet again (except for 2008, which used a panel of judges who had never done well in Contemporary American Literature class.)

No you didn't!.....lol

No you didn't!.....lol

?????

O.K. -- what am I missing here? (Sorry...but it's been a LONG school year, and I'm totally fried!!)

I can't believe there are 51 replies to this topic already. Are we that bored so early in the season?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its never too early when it comes to predictions, so mine to medal for 2016 are :

1) Cadevaliers

2) Cadevaliers

3) Cadevaliers

Not sure which of the 3 subsets it will be... but does it really matter at this point ?

Ok, then I'll go with the Blue Devils, if I have to micromanage these 3.

Edited by BRASSO

?????

O.K. -- what am I missing here? (Sorry...but it's been a LONG school year, and I'm totally fried!!)

I was joking with you...guess it didn't come across...about resurrecting this thread...that's all...

I think its still too early to start the 2017 DCI Placement Prediction thread... lets hold back ( even if we think we might know the top 3 ) a bit before we start that one.

Edited by BRASSO

• 1 month later...

1ST - BLUECOATS

Expecting the NOs and the IT WILL NEVER HAPPENs from all sorts of the same people that said they wouldn't medal this week and said they wouldn't move up to 2nd in finals week last year. If they can present another show that's just as fresh..................this could be their's. Writing was on the wall tonight. All sections are there. Visual is NO LONGER a weakness. 1st in content from both GE 2 judges. They did what everyone said they wouldn't do. They followed up Tilt with something just as competitive and just as well performed. Congratulations, keep it going next year.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5

1ST - BLUECOATS

Expecting the NOs and the IT WILL NEVER HAPPENs from all sorts of the same people that said they wouldn't medal this week and said they wouldn't move up to 2nd in finals week last year. If they can present another show that's just as fresh..................this could be their's. Writing was on the wall tonight. All sections are there. Visual is NO LONGER a weakness. 1st in content from both GE 2 judges. They did what everyone said they wouldn't do. They followed up Tilt with something just as competitive and just as well performed. Congratulations, keep it going next year.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them in gold contention next year. They have all the ingredients.

Kind of like how ESPN does this with college football and college basketball right after the national championship game....

Here's Cappybara's Way-Too-Early-Pre-Season-Rankings for 2016!

1. Bluecoats

2. Blue Devils

3. Carolina Crown

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Cadets

6. Phantom Regiment

7. Blue Knights

8. Cavaliers

9. Madison Scouts

10. Blue Stars

11. Boston Crusaders

12. Crossmen