2016 Prediction Thread

SCV will be in top 5. Their GE the last few years were very good but not quite as good as the top three, but the actual weak part of the corps is the horn line. This year they got Chip as their caption head, I think he will make that horn line sing. Chip was the caption head for Phantom Regiment 2008 when they won DCI and I believe high brass. He is a PR and BD alumni.

As for the champion prediction, it will probably be BD again, they are due for a three-peat.

The show design from BD is just light years ahead of everyone else. It's almost like a cirque Soile show. Ever time you watch it, you find something new and cool!

Cadets will not probably not go anywhere for playing music from Star of Indiana 1991. It is very hard to win DCI playing the same music that was already done by a previous champ.

Blue Coats... They are kind of an anomaly. Hopefully they can do something. Perhaps they'll be the surprise winner this year.

Crown.. No dice, their drum line still suffers....

In your opinion

SCV will be in top 5. Their GE the last few years were very good but not quite as good as the top three, but the actual weak part of the corps is the horn line. This year they got Chip as their caption head, I think he will make that horn line sing. Chip was the caption head for Phantom Regiment 2008 when they won DCI and I believe high brass. He is a PR and BD alumni.

As for the champion prediction, it will probably be BD again, they are due for a three-peat.

The show design from BD is just light years ahead of everyone else. It's almost like a cirque Soile show. Ever time you watch it, you find something new and cool!

Cadets will not probably not go anywhere for playing music from Star of Indiana 1991. It is very hard to win DCI playing the same music that was already done by a previous champ.

Blue Coats... They are kind of an anomaly. Hopefully they can do something. Perhaps they'll be the surprise winner this year.

Interesting and quite sound predictions...IMO

oh and just before all the bluecoats police come out...it's "bluecoats"...not blue coats...lol

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

Post completely lost legitimacy when he implied that Cadets can't win because they're playing similar source music to Star 1991. Has literally nothing to do with the ability of the show to score well. SCV has more weaknesses than the brass line or else they would have been scoring better the past couple of years. Weak designs, IMO will continue to hold them back. The fact that he had nothing to say about crown except "no dice" is ridiculous. Strong show concept and they look fantastic from videos I've seen.

• Like 2

I still think show design wins and from what I've heard Cadets and Crown have interesting designs and both working hard to address their weaker captions.

Interesting and quite sound predictions...IMO

oh and just before all the bluecoats police come out...it's "bluecoats"...not blue coats...lol

You are right, of course, Mrs. Boo. :tounge2:

(And when referring to people, use "who", not "that". Jeesh, that one bugs me. "People WHO use it correctly..." not "People THAT use it incorrectly...")

How about them BlueKnights!?

Bedore Cadets are doomed for playing Respighi, and daring to tread on territory some claim to be sacred bevause of what Star did in 1991, there are a few things to keep in mind. One, no kid on the field was even born in 1991. The arrangement was for g-bugles. Visually Star's show was stunning, and yes the music packed a punch, but not everyone at the time thought it was the greatest brass arrangement. Star may be the most mythic corps of all time, but if they continued, there is no way of saying they would always be the best, and as someone who remembers Star, I think it is fair to say that the more Star became a memory, the greater the corps became, and more than a few of us who post on DCP are in the sore losers camp. At the time of Star's departure from competition, many of us saw it as sour grapes for not winning in 1993, and if you were in Foxboro on that murky finals night in 1994, you know the heated discussions on the stands that evening. Also, classical music us all about interpretation and composer's intentions, and I for one welcome other interpretations.

• Like 3

You are right, of course, Mrs. Boo. :tounge2:

(And when referring to people, use "who", not "that". Jeesh, that one bugs me. "People WHO use it correctly..." not "People THAT use it incorrectly...")

How about them BlueKnights!?

What?
  • Like 1

Bedore Cadets are doomed for playing Respighi, and daring to tread on territory some claim to be sacred bevause of what Star did in 1991, there are a few things to keep in mind. One, no kid on the field was even born in 1991. The arrangement was for g-bugles. Visually Star's show was stunning, and yes the music packed a punch, but not everyone at the time thought it was the greatest brass arrangement. Star may be the most mythic corps of all time, but if they continued, there is no way of saying they would always be the best, and as someone who remembers Star, I think it is fair to say that the more Star became a memory, the greater the corps became, and more than a few of us who post on DCP are in the sore losers camp. At the time of Star's departure from competition, many of us saw it as sour grapes for not winning in 1993, and if you were in Foxboro on that murky finals night in 1994, you know the heated discussions on the stands that evening. Also, classical music us all about interpretation and composer's intentions, and I for one welcome other interpretations.

And Crown is playing Medea which was played before as recently as 2014. I think all corps make music their own and tailored to their particular show.