Troopers/Madison Preview LIVE Discussion

I'm split on the Madison show. On one hand it is fun for them to have the look and feel of one of their vintage shows. This is what I most associate with them. On the flip side, it almost seems a bit too old school. The "razzamatazz" Madison, but without a modern hook of some sort. Will see how it progresses.

The guard is going to have to be squeaky clean with those very busy silk designs. They really emphasize every timing error.

Wow, the pixelation while the troopers are entering the field is REALLY bad on my 85/85 FiOS connection.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Some quick thoughts on both corps before I log out for the night.

Troopers - I know you guys are still in "rough draft" mode visually, but I LOVED the music arrangements! Great singer in the guard, too! (And on a side note, singing in ballads seems to be a trend this year, as the Boston Crusaders and Colts are doing the same.)

Madison - Loved the show, the "package" so far is much stronger than last year's! Guard is a bit weak, but I guess that's what you get due to a staff change. I'm sure the members will rise to the occasion. Once again, great music arrangements!

I'm split on the Madison show. On one hand it is fun for them to have the look and feel of one of their vintage shows. This is what I most associate with them. On the flip side, it almost seems a bit too old school. The "razzamatazz" Madison, but without a modern hook of some sort. Will see how it progresses.

The guard is going to have to be squeaky clean with those very busy silk designs. They really emphasize every timing error.

I fully admit this is one show that would have been aided by G's.

Edited by Max Plays Music

While I am not a big fan of the Scout's music selection this year, I think their show is actually pretty well put together. As someone else mentioned, it is far better visually than last year's show. They've got a lot of work to do, but so does everyone. If they had looked polished, it would have been because the show was too easy.

• Like 1

Troopers sound was very strong! The guard is a weak point right now for them

Madison was good I'm not a fan of the Guard outfits sometimes it gets muddy within the corps and I hope the guard can play up there characterization a lot more throughout the season with such icons as Gene Kelly and Bob Fosse!!!

I enjoyed both shows (and appreciated DCI giving us a test run) but I never felt the urge to fist pump and jump out of my living room recliner. But it's mid June also.

On the technical side, the video seems fine for a live webcast; hopefully the sound issues will get worked out. I'm tempted to give it a try again this year but without the replay option, I'm afraid I'd just be wasting my money. (My being ready to sit down and watch it at the start tonight was pretty much the exception, not the rule.)

I'm split on the Madison show. On one hand it is fun for them to have the look and feel of one of their vintage shows. This is what I most associate with them. On the flip side, it almost seems a bit too old school. The "razzamatazz" Madison, but without a modern hook of some sort.

Drill a bit too slow at times, maybe? I felt that way sometimes about last year's show, too. Although with confidence, a slow step can seem like an authoritative step.

• Like 1

Pretty good video but the sound quality was all over the map. It started great, then at a big hit during Troopers show it seemed as if someone grabbed the mic knob and cranked it down to 50%. From there on, we bad to crank our home system to near 100% to produce even a soft volume.

Very excited by Troopers' first showing. All the notes!

• Like 1