Troopers/Madison Preview LIVE Discussion

There were some freeze ups here and there on my feed, but it was no better, nor no worse than last year with my feed.

There is no way I'm going to pick apart 2 Corps that gave us an early season, full uniform, full show performance. So I'll briefly say that both Corps looked pretty solid in most sections for this date, and both show promise for this season.

• Like 1

Have to settle for a gay guy with Madison.

enter; idiot

Edited by Mickk3
  • Like 7

Anybody else notice the high cam kept moving and panning?

Wonder if that was due to the size of the press box or is going to be a common theme throughout the year. I'd prefer that they'd be fixed, minor gripe but the frame expanding to catch the props wandering into the top right end zone was a wee bit distracting.

Looking the video, high cam seemed to have less of a problem with artifacts that the multi-cam.

Who's doing the actual live production?

at 9:31 the feed stopped and has never returned...

I can still get to the DVR at 9.55, after closing and reopening the browser several times ....

Same here, I went to check what time Saturdays event starts and noticed the stream was still "live". Currently re-watching Troopers.

Edited by Aké

It has been so interesting reading everyone’s differing takes on the

two shows. Here’s mine:

Troop: The initial build is spectacular. The brass is clearly their strength right now.

I like the first half better than the second half, though the closer music is cool,

well-scored, and welcomingly different for them. I like that this show does not rely too

much on super familiar Americana music. The guard singer was good. The percussion seem

about where they have been. The brass improved. The guard a bit down, though their drill and

book were no where near finished. I wish the drill was stronger. I wish they were embracing electronics,

samples, etc. more with the concept this year. Though I do not see this show being a dark horse for making

finals (pun intended), you never know about that 10th—17th or so bracket. Wildy prefered them over Scouts.

Scouts: Right to it, how about rather than “gotta dance”, we consider “gotta change”?

This was really rough to me. They are more talented than Troop, but have a weaker show.

Opposite of Troop, I liked the second half better than the first. There were only two

GE moments that did anything for me tonight. The brass seem down, percussion down, and

guard improved. So much of the show is tempo di snail’s pace. The vocal inserts seemed

forced and trite. The opening sequence alone was just not happening and I do not think it a

performance issue at all, boring. Seems the show was written to please the 1980s and 1990s alumni crowd.

Maybe that is exactly the intent, discussed and agreed upon in NY at some

cool as hell bar just after the alumni Macy’s parade success. I didn’t feel good about this

afterwards in regards to them being a shoe-in finalist. Work to do boys.

Thanks DCI for the free showing.

Thanks Madison and Troop for starting us off, warts and all.

Peace to everyone.

• Like 3

Good to see and hear early season drum corps! Great job by both corps just to have enough in the tank to perform on June 15th! Kudos

Troop- hard to say what I think at this point.... I love Crown 07, one of my all time favs. Hmm I'll need to see it progress before having a real opinion

Madison- classic Madison pizazz... I do agree it lacks that little bit of modernistic flare that remade them so well the last 4-5 years or so. Again no real opinion except to watch it as it grows:)

It has been so interesting reading everyone’s differing takes on the

two shows. Here’s mine:

Troop: The initial build is spectacular. The brass is clearly their strength right now.

I like the first half better than the second half, though the closer music is cool,

well-scored, and welcomingly different for them. I like that this show does not rely too

much on super familiar Americana music. The guard singer was good. The percussion seem

about where they have been. The brass improved. The guard a bit down, though their drill and

book were no where near finished. I wish the drill was stronger. I wish they were embracing electronics,

samples, etc. more with the concept this year. Though I do not see this show being a dark horse for making

finals (pun intended), you never know about that 10th—17th or so bracket. Wildy prefered them over Scouts.

Scouts: Right to it, how about rather than “gotta dance”, we consider “gotta change”?

This was really rough to me. They are more talented than Troop, but have a weaker show.

Opposite of Troop, I liked the second half better than the first. There were only two

GE moments that did anything for me tonight. The brass seem down, percussion down, and

guard improved. So much of the show is tempo di snail’s pace. The vocal inserts seemed

forced and trite. The opening sequence alone was just not happening and I do not think it a

performance issue at all, boring. Seems the show was written to please the 1980s and 1990s alumni crowd.

Maybe that is exactly the intent, discussed and agreed upon in NY at some

cool as hell bar just after the alumni Macy’s parade success. I didn’t feel good about this

afterwards in regards to them being a shoe-in finalist. Work to do boys.

Thanks DCI for the free showing.

Thanks Madison and Troop for starting us off, warts and all.

Peace to everyone.

Westcoastblue, Though I find your posts to often be a bit aggressive, I agree with all said here. I do wish both groups a wonderful and rewarding summer.

I felt a little flat watching the show, it's early season...well, not even early season yet. Dress rehearsal! So there are

issues. But I hope parts of the show get beefed up a little. Traffic Jammin' was awesome. In the closer, I want

more...a little more musical and visual drama...bigger ending. Someone mentioned they felt like there could

be a rotating company front somewhere and I agree. But all sections are playing very well!

Edited by Nine White Russians