Troopers/Madison Preview LIVE Discussion

So this is what I gathered from all the posts on Scouts. Show design is great, show design is boring. Horns sound great, horns sound dirty. Uniform is amazing, uniform is blah. Guard is strong, guard is lacking. Drums are great, drums are lacking....did I leave anything out? Only consistency is the feed was spotty.

So this is what I gathered from all the posts on Scouts. Show design is great, show design is boring. Horns sound great, horns sound dirty. Uniform is amazing, uniform is blah. Guard is strong, guard is lacking. Drums are great, drums are lacking....did I leave anything out? Only consistency is the feed was spotty.

Forgot it's an old Skool show in modern Era :tongue:

Unfortunately I am working tonight and was unable to check out the free webcast. I tried viewing the free videos the other day, and had terrible buffering problems. I'm wondering if anybody else that had similar buffering problem while trying to view the free videos tried viewing the free webcast tonight. If so, was the buffering problem non-existent during the webcast? It just wouldn't be worth my while if these webcast operate the same as the free videos do with the buffering issues I experienced with my system.

or the Cavalier who "borrowed" a Blue Devil uniform for his bus tour after both corps had departed the parking lot of the previous contest... The lawyers almost had a brawl on that one. BD had some "fun" with Cavies' rookie initiation at Murfreesboro which changed some customs in both corps I hear.

people haven't changed, just the way they express themselves. texting, DCPing, etc., etc.

I know this is from earlier but I just got home. Let me be clear that the member (he was not yet a Cavalier) that took the BD uniform did so on his own, without knowledge of the rest of the corps. Once the members saw it they were horrified and immediately told Fiedler and he handled that situation.

In response to the Murfreesboro incident, knocking someone down on asphalt is not something I would consider "fun" but yes, some changes were made after that...sadly.

I know this is from earlier but I just got home. Let me be clear that the member (he was not yet a Cavalier) that took the BD uniform did so on his own, without knowledge of the rest of the corps. Once the members saw it they were horrified and immediately told Fiedler and he handled that situation.

In response to the Murfreesboro incident, knocking someone down on asphalt is not something I would consider "fun" but yes, some changes were made after that...sadly.

And that, folks, is how traditions die. People just go a little too far.

I think both shows have some potential though I need to see them again