Troopers/Madison Preview LIVE Discussion

Unfortunately I am working tonight and was unable to check out the free webcast. I tried viewing the free videos the other day, and had terrible buffering problems. I'm wondering if anybody else that had similar buffering problem while trying to view the free videos tried viewing the free webcast tonight. If so, was the buffering problem non-existent during the webcast? It just wouldn't be worth my while if these webcast operate the same as the free videos do with the buffering issues I experienced with my system.

I also encountered the buffering issues on the free videos and still do, but I had no problems with the free webcast.

I was riveted to the Stanley Cup Finals so I missed this stream.

BLACKHAWKS!

• Like 2

Had some time to digest and review the shows again:

- Troopers - liked the back half. Could have done with out the singing as I found it a bit distracting and would have preferred that they let the hornlike do the singing. Horns were a lot better than I expected from them. There were a few things I missed the first time around that helped get horse part across (guard getting wrangled into the drill curves). I'll be curious to see how this one evolves to hopefully highlight what they've got working for them this year. Usually for me the battle on those just outside final corps is determined by the staffs ability to minimize weaknesses and highlight strengths as the season goes on.

- Scouts - Wanted to like it, too much dancing (which I get is sort of the theme of their show with Gene Kelly).. I thought the hornline and book was appropriately matched. Arrangements were good, just felt like I was in the early 80's listening to it audio only. Drill had a few moments. ABSOLUTELY hate the guard uniforms towards the closer, for a second there I thought the judges where out there twirling rifles due to the khaki pants and dark tops. Does anybody know if they're still trying to fill holes? There looked like at least one during the company front that was way to wide to be a spacing problem.

Had some time to digest and review the shows again:

- Troopers - liked the back half. Could have done with out the singing as I found it a bit distracting and would have preferred that they let the hornlike do the singing. Horns were a lot better than I expected from them. There were a few things I missed the first time around that helped get horse part across (guard getting wrangled into the drill curves). I'll be curious to see how this one evolves to hopefully highlight what they've got working for them this year. Usually for me the battle on those just outside final corps is determined by the staffs ability to minimize weaknesses and highlight strengths as the season goes on.

- Scouts - Wanted to like it, too much dancing (which I get is sort of the theme of their show with Gene Kelly).. I thought the hornline and book was appropriately matched. Arrangements were good, just felt like I was in the early 80's listening to it audio only. Drill had a few moments. ABSOLUTELY hate the guard uniforms towards the closer, for a second there I thought the judges where out there twirling rifles due to the khaki pants and dark tops. Does anybody know if they're still trying to fill holes? There looked like at least one during the company front that was way to wide to be a spacing problem.

They posted about a trumpet hole the other day Edited by BlueStainGlass

I know this is from earlier but I just got home. Let me be clear that the member (he was not yet a Cavalier) that took the BD uniform did so on his own, without knowledge of the rest of the corps. Once the members saw it they were horrified and immediately told Fiedler and he handled that situation.

In response to the Murfreesboro incident, knocking someone down on asphalt is not something I would consider "fun" but yes, some changes were made after that...sadly.

we are in agreement totally. Your recall is spot on. Bruno ousted the lad and he was immediately sent home for the summer.

You, I, and the campus police know I left out of the retelling much of that Rookie Run. It may be in Don Warren's sequel.

So do fax machines. If I have to physically connect a PC to my computer then it's a huge step back technically.

Actually, with an HDMI cable, you will probably get a clearer picture with less latency, and you will clear up bandwidth on your home wifi network.

(Someone can correct me if this is incorrect)

• Like 1

Actually, with an HDMI cable, you will probably get a clearer picture with less latency, and you will clear up bandwidth on your home wifi network.

(Someone can correct me if this is incorrect)

This is correct, at least in most cases. if you have a ton of bandwidth, it might not matter. But if you are watching the DCI stream while your wife watches Netflix and your kids are online gaming, it may help a lot.

So do fax machines. If I have to physically connect a PC to my computer then it's a huge step back technically.

What? Streaming video isn't going to be on par with the quality you can get from a HDMI or thunderbolt cable for a long time. Is it more convenient to chromecast? Sure. But if I'm going to watch a movie on my TV from my laptop, I'm sure as hell using my HDMI cable.